The Importance of "YOU" Time

The Importance of "YOU" Time

Take Time to Do Things You Enjoy

21
The Importance of "YOU" Time
Learning Mind

Between the hectic and busy life of school and life in general, we seem to lose track of not only time, but lose track of ourselves. We run around all day, doing this, doing that and repeating it. By the time we get into bed to lay down and try to fall asleep to do it all again tomorrow, we realize that we had no time do anything for ourselves. The same routine, the same schedule, the same stuff every day. This happens over and over again. We wake up and a year has gone by and we didn’t accomplish any personal things that we probably wanted to. This is a major problem. We all need to make time to be individuals and set time away to DO things that we love and our passionate about. Whether that’s taking a nature walk while listening to the birds, reading a book we’ve had on our list, digging out the art supplies to create something new, pulling out an old instrument we used to play or finding a recipe we’ve been wanting to try.

There are countless things that we want to do but don’t because “there’s not enough time.” We MUST make time. I am not saying routine and schedules are bad, they are part of life, but we need to somehow take an hour or two of our day to fit something in for just us, something productive and something we get a pleasure in doing. Even if it’s an hour to simply just think and reflect. It is so healthy for the mind, body and spirit to have a breather and moment of freedom for the structure of life. In the long run, I truly believe this would make for a better and more positive lifestyle. There are so many people who have become dead spirited and depressed including myself because they do not go and enjoy their passions and interests in life. They have gotten so wrapped up in the “I gotta do this and that, I gotta go here and there.” I think everyone should complete that “I gotta” sentence with doing something they love or going somewhere they really want to go.

We shouldn’t have to hit 65 to make time for our passions and enjoyments. They should be included in our everyday lives. Everybody says we have one life yet we’re more worried about making that extra dollar that we can’t take to our grave if we die tomorrow. We do indeed have one life here on this Earth so just calm down, slow down, look around and please dedicate just a fraction of your time to do something for you.