The Importance Of Keeping Your Circle Small

I have a few friends and i'm okay with that

12866
Her Campus

There are two types of people in the world: The ones who have a lot of friends and is really well known, and the other person has a few select friends and keeps to themselves. I'm the type of person who has had a few select friends, and I intend on keeping it that way. To be honest, I can probably count on one hand the people I trust, and on both hands I can tell you how many friends I have in my life.

Many people have questioned me for never reaching out of my comfort zone. When I meet someone, it takes a really long time to establish a relationship with them. I'm not the type to be friends with everyone. To be honest, I'm rather content with the select few of friends I already have. People think that with the more friends you have, the more well known you'll be. To me, that seems unappealing in every aspect.

I would rather have a few friends that I can trust than have a million friends who mean nothing to me. The three big things you should look for in a friend is honesty, loyalty, and respect. That can not be obtained right away, but over a period of time. The aspects that friendships have should be both valuable and meaningful.

I have never needed more than a few friends in my life and that's okay. I'd rather hang out with one person over and over knowing what they mean the to me than hang out with a lot of friends and not know who they are. Yes, it can get repetitive sometimes, but it's kind of unnecessary to create a lot of friendships. Sure, it's great for networking and today's society is all about who you know. Of course we have the people in life who are present, but don't necessary consider them more than acquaintances.

There is no need to have a million people know who you are. In life, you should only have a few select people that you give your all to. Why does that friend you barley know deserve all of you? Don't get me wrong, you should give everyone that same decency and respect to everyone you meet, but they don't deserve to know every aspect of you.

Some people probably are more comfortable with a lot of friends, but I am perfectly content with the few I have. Friendship is so valuable to me and I am so grateful to the friends I have in my life. If I consider you one of my really good friends, know that I trust you, respect you, and am loyal to you as a friend. I don't need the fake people in my life, and neither should you. Either I give you my all, or not much more than a few smiles and hellos. Later in life, you will realize who will mean the most to you and who was not worth keeping around. If you ever have to doubt a friend for even a second, there not worth keeping. The true friends in life will be there for you through thick and thin, through heaven and hell , the good and the bad.

Remember to know your limit and don't do things for others that won't do the same for you. Both people should feel mutual about one another and if they don't , obviously there not a good friend. Love yourself first than the others in your life.