The Importance Of Failure

The Importance Of Failure

Why its good to fail sometimes, even when it doesn't feel like it

1292
The Importance Of Failure
Photo by Haley Phelps on Unsplash

We are humans. We naturally crack under pressure and stress. It's unavoidable. There's a saying that says, "If you've never failed, you've never lived". Failure is probably one of the aspects of life most people are afraid of.

The truth is: everyone has failed and everyone will fail again.

We idolize these role models of the world when in reality they have failed. Several times. We sometimes forget that all successful people have failed, but they did not stop after their failures. They stood up and tried again, time after time. That's what leads to ultimate success. If you constantly succeed in life with no failure you won't learn the valuable life lessons.

There is value in learning from failure and how you come back from it, is a true test of character. So you can't be afraid of failure, it is a part of your road to success.

In order to grow, you need failure, it is life's ultimate lesson. Failing will happen, no matter how hard you try to avoid it, so you might as well have a 'no fear' attitude towards it. If you change your mindset and expect that it's coming, I promise that you will fail. There is value in failure. Through failure, you will get to know yourself better and you will learn from your mistakes. Failures make us rethink, reconsider, and find new ways and strategies to achieve our goals.

In order to reach your ultimate potential, your personal best, and to make the 'impossible' possible, you need to push yourself, go to the absolute limits, and definitely not fear failure. When you have a no-fear attitude and embrace failure it will maximize your motivation, determination, and perseverance. If you are viewing failure as a negative aspect of your life, you aren't going to learn from the experience.

Nobody wants to experience failure because it's embarrassing. Failure humbles you and will make you evaluate the situation better. When your ego is in charge, you will not learn from the mistakes you have made, you will not be open to other people's views or see the situations clearly.

If you continue to view failure as something that sets you back in life, it's not going to get you anywhere. It's learning from where you fail and how you can grow from it that can make you a better person. The importance of failure is something that most people don't see, they get frustrated and feel like it's only setting them back in life.

Learning how failure can actually benefit your life can improve your mental well being as well as your motivation to persevere.