Chasing Failure
Politics

We Need To Chase Failure Not Success

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.

307
We Need To Chase Failure Not Success
https://pixabay.com/en/chasing-money-run-trying-catch-3744753/

This is a common saying, but not many people actually understand the meaning of it. I have tried a couple of things and they didn't work, so do I give up? No, I will keep trying because the more times I try and fail the more I learn about what doesn't work. When I finally find something that works, I'll know because I tried everything else that didn't work.

I recently completed this bible plan titled Chasing Failure (It's on the YouVersion app). Basically what it goes over is fear of failing. If you have this undeniable fear of failing and you let it control you then you can never actually achieve anything you want to achieve in life. You'll be held back by your fear. When I was first interviewing for my job, I got called for the third and last interview. For that interview, I had to commit to working there. I had to spend $150 for a class so I could get my license to sell life insurance. I didn't actually have that money and I didn't want to spend it unless I was sure I would succeed. I wanted to do well and make as much money as I thought I could, but I wasn't sure I was going to do well in the first place.

I was afraid that I was going to fail. I almost let that fear of failure keep me from even trying. My boyfriend assured me that I was the right person for the job and that I was going to do well. That support was what I needed to get pushed in the right direction, but I still had my doubts. I did not believe I was going to do well because the pay is 100% commission, so if I didn't get a sale over a certain amount one week then I wouldn't be paid that week. The worry and fear kept me from doing as well as I would've been able to in the beginning. I lack confidence in myself. I still kept pushing to do my work and study my notes from training. I wanted to be the best. I knew it was going to be a lot of hard work. Eventually, I realized that I was putting so much pressure on myself to succeed that I was preventing myself from succeeding.

I don't remember where I heard it from or if this is even in the bible (I don't have the whole book memorized), but I realized I needed to let go and let God deal with everything. I needed to put my worries on him and just do what I could. Still work hard, but don't worry about if I'm going to get a sale because the money will come. If I cast all my worries on God and all my fears, He will take care of me. I have to have faith in that even when it's hard.

That bible plan has opened my eyes to think about everything. If I chase failure, because I'm no expert or master, I will have a higher chance at actually succeeding. I'll be able to weed out everything that didn't work and be able to figure out what will.

I'll leave all readers with this question: What are you willing to fail at in order to succeed later?

From Your Site Articles