The Importance Of Letting Go

The Importance Of Letting Go

Learn to let go of the things that bring you down.
403

There’s something so easy, yet so excruciating, when it comes to letting go. The phrase “let it go” is perceived as a simple act. But there is much more to it. Letting go of something that you want so desperately to keep in your life, but no longer serves you any purpose, is the hard part; it is what shatters us.

There are many different situations that we face in life where we must let go. For instance, letting go of a place can seem terrifying, but it is essential. To let go of your childhood home and move to a foreign place is a bittersweet feeling. It’s sad to leave your loved ones behind, but you can always come back. You have to let go of who you were in order to become who you wish to be, while erasing some aspects of your life in order to thrive and prosper.

So, there is the journey that requires letting go, but then there is something that we all struggle to let go of; love. There is something so beautiful, yet so hideous about this thing we all seem to crave. It is a feeling that can make you feel so high and so low. It fills your eyes with a light that shines brighter than the sun, but it can also consume your entire being with a sadness you didn’t even think existed. It can bring you such joy, but it can also make you feel so despondent that the only thing you find yourself doing is lying on the floor with tears streaming down your face.

It’s a rainstorm that seems as if it will never pass, but that is not the case. Once you gather the courage to let go and move on, the sun will shine again. It is easier said than done, and sometimes you can’t help but hold on just once more with hope, but that will only destroy you. Do not depend on anyone else to provide you with happiness.