The Importance Of Hope

The Importance Of Hope

"The worst thing that can happen in a democracy—as well as in an individual's life—is to become cynical about the future and lose hope"
384

In light of recent events, I have had trouble going on Facebook due to all the hate and negativity people are enforcing on each other. In a time like this, I think it is important to look for the positives and use hope as a motivator. Hope is incredibly powerful, and I believe it can help to provide comfort in hard times. These quotes are by some of the most respected people in history, and I believe they pertain to our certain situation perfectly.

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness." -Desmond Tutu

"My dream is of a place and a time where America will once again be seen as the last best hope of earth." -Abraham Lincoln

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

"In the end, that's what this election is about. Do we participate in a politics of cynicism or a politics of hope?" -Barack Obama

"Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen...yourself, right now, right down here on Earth." -Bradley Whitford

"Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape the future." -Robert Schuller

"The worst thing that can happen in a democracy—as well as in an individual's life—is to become cynical about the future and lose hope." -Hillary Clinton

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." -Helen Keller

"There was never a night or a problem that could defeat sunrise or hope." - Bernard Williams

I hope these quotes gave you confidence and hope in the future as they did for me.