The Hottest Summer Bucket List

The Hottest Summer Bucket List

Ideas for you instead of lounging around the house all summer.

21
The Hottest Summer Bucket List
Taran Carrasco

Summer is wonderful the few couple of weeks, but then we realize how tired we are of laying around the house. I've composed a Bucket List off of things I've done, friends have done, and some are just crazy ideas that I think would be fun. So here are some things for you to try out this summer instead of lounging on the couch all summer. Some are really cheesy, but even us college kids like to take a trip back to childhood sometimes; with that being said, these are fun summer activities for all ages!

Go on a Picnic: grab a blanket, make some sandwiches, and invite your pals. This is a classic activity that never goes outta style.

Fancy Grilled Cheese: From rainbow grilled cheese to 5-cheese grilled cheese, and everything in between, you can't go wrong with a summertime grilled cheese.

Friendship Bracelets: You may laugh at this but it's my newest stress reliever! Plus it's a corny, but really fun, thing to do with your best pals.

Lake Day: If possible, spend a day (or all your days) at the lake. Nothing says summer like wakeboarding and boat rides!

Paintball: It's one big adrenaline rush hiding out and shooting paintballs at your pals. The pain only lasts for a second, the memories are forever!

Homemade Popsicles: There are endless ways to do this. Just use your favorite juices, yogurts, berries, ice cream and more.

Take a Drive: Roll your windows down, stick your head out the window, and jam out to your favorite summer anthems.

Movie Marathon: Harry Potter, Star Wars, or Disney Films all make for great marathon nights! For extra fun: make a fort.

Karaoke: A real crowd pleaser. Go to a local karaoke bar or just keep it between friends and use a karaoke machine.

Write Letters: If you have friends at camp or abroad this summer, send them a handwritten letter; they'll appreciate it more than you know!

Exercise: Branch out from your usual routine and shake things up by doing something fun like kickboxing, Zumba, or hot yoga.

Tubing: If you live near a river, floating down it in inner tubes can be a blast. Tip: add pool noodles to a cooler to make it float. Hydration is key!

Cook: If you are like me and love watching Tasty videos, try one out! Invite your family or friends over to try your new meal.

Let's Go to the Beach, Beach: Let's go get away! Stick your toes in the sand, catch some sun and surf, and enjoy some seafood.

SnoCone: Personally, I'm a fan of SnoBiz, but I'm sure snocones from anywhere are delicious. They are perfect for quenching your thirst in the summer heat, plus they are pretty low in calories!

Play With Pets: Go to a pet store or a humane society. There are plenty of animals that need to be loved on!

Make a Movie: Play around with iMovie. You can use it to document your past year, a family trip, or your favorite memories.

Get Artsy: I know we don't all have crazy artistic abilities, but take some time to try out sketching, sculpting, painting - whatever you are feeling.

Read: Read anything - just keep your mind sharp! Read magazines, books, newspapers, articles - anything.

Bake a Cake: I am no chef for sure, but trying out a poundcake or cheesecake might be fun!

Go Exploring: Find some woods and take a day trip. For the really adventurous, make a night or two out of it and bring along your tent.

Fish: I like fishing, but I HATE taking the fish off the hook. I refuse to do it. So maybe tag-team with someone who doesn't mind touching the fish.

Cards: there are so many card games out there, learn how to play a game you have never heard of before.

Sports Day: Grab your friends and teammates and head to the park! Frisbee, baseball, and soccer are great to play with a group.

Attend a Festival: Either a carnival, a music fest, or a cultural event, those can be cool things that get you out of the house for a while.

Get Green: You can have some succulents in your room, or go all out and plant your own flowers or even create a garden.

Build Something: A couple of summers ago, my dad and I build a swing on a whim. This is fun to do, especially if you have younger siblings that can put your creation to good use.

Watch a Game: MLB is in full swing. If you live close to a baseball team, score some tickets and go watch!

RollerSkate: Honestly, rollerskating always gives me shin splits, but some of my friends really enjoy it, so don't hate on it until you try it yourself.

Water Balloon Fight: A classic summer activity. For a spin on the classic water balloons, you can dye the water!

Farmer's Market: Get some local fresh fruit and veggies. Canned goods are always a plus too!

Opportunities are endless this summer. Get outside and make the best out of your break. Happy Summer friends!!!