Be Your Own Superhero

Be Your Own Superhero

There's a superhero in each and every single one of us. We just have to learn to believe.

24
Be Your Own Superhero
Julie Gayler

In the world we live in, we have our own views and outlooks on what makes a superhero.

If you're asked who you call superheroes, then you'd probably will answer with:

1. Batman (My Personal Favorite)

We have Batman, who may not be supernatural such as Spider-Man being bitten by a radioactive spider or have undeniable superhuman abilities such as Superman, but his intellect, physical strength, and mental servitude to fight crime, especially after the loss of his parents in a brutal murder when he was only a child, makes us view him as a superhero.

2. Superman

If you’re looking at someone who is superhuman, or what we also call nowadays an Alien, then Clark Kent aka Superman is the superhero you’re looking for. He has extraordinary abilities that gradually grow from having an indestructible body (really! His body is bulletproof and impenetrable), superhuman strength, vision powers, super hearing, the ability to fly, supersonic speed, and super breath.

Batman and Superman have been some of the most iconic fictional superheroes in the world since their birth and have been a symbolic influence to many of those who have deemed the term “hero.” Although they have become a symbolic influence, we cannot miniaturize those who really deserve to be call superheroes.

We have everyday superheroes living among us.

Damon Cole

Fort Worth Police Officer Damon Cole travels on his off time to hospitals and homes of kids battling cancer to help them feel like their very own superheroes.

Jamie Rahn & Jessie Graff

American Ninja Warrior's very own superheroes. Jamie Rahn, also known as Captain NBC and Jessie Graff are superheroes to many for not only their awesome costumes, but their extraordinary talent on and off the ninja obstacles. Jamie Rahn owns one of the top elite parkour and ninja obstacle gyms in the country, while Jessie Graff is kicking butt and taking names as one of the best stuntwomen that has filmmakers come across. Her recent work has been on the CW's Supergirl.

Brooke Liebsch

Football's latest rising star, Brooke Liebsch. Liberty, MO's own Brooke Liebsch is the first female quarterback in her school's history. Not only is she a great quarterback, but she's a pretty versatile player knowing how to be a defensive back and a wide receiver when needed. Even with her extraordinary ability, she is currently a sophomore at Liberty North High School in Liberty, MO.

Some of these superheroes are in our own personal realm. They can be our mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, family members, friends, acquaintances, and role models. In every case, we can be superheroes ourselves. Everyone has their story with triumphs, defeats, overcoming obstacles, and personal struggles. THIS. This will be their stories unfolding to inspire the rest of us to be our own superheroes.

I can see the hero within you. Be your own superhero.