The Groutfit

The Groutfit

Monochromatic Chic

470
Grazia Daily

If you are looking to make fifty shades of gray a reality, you’re in luck! It is officially fashionable to wear multiple shades of gray. If you thought I was referring to the book, get your mind out of the gutter.

The gray-on-gray outfit, dubbed the “groutfit” (a mashup of the words "gray" and "outfit") may seem like an unexpected trend. However, some would argue that all-gray outfits have been around for years. Just ask Kanye West. In the past, many people incorporated the groutfit into their personal style by mistake. For instance, my teammates and I would go to morning swim practice wearing gray sweatpants and sweatshirts—

only to recognize the fashion "faux pas" that had been committed after it was too late. Little did we know that we were just ahead of the trend. Today, Groutfits are not only acceptable to wear in public, they are becoming runway chic. Supermodels like Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner, along with countless other celebrities have been spotted rocking the groutfit.

As a versitle and evolving look, there are many different ways to put together the perfect groutfit. Experimenting with layers and textures is key. By layering shades of gray in different materials, your outfit will create visual interest. Or, if you want to master two trends at once, try a gray, two-piece set.

Groutfits can be styled for any occasion. They can be comfy and casual (ex: joggers and a t-shirt), or sophisticated and professional (ex: sweater and skirt). So, whether you plan on going grocery shopping or for a night on the town, you can't go wrong with a groutfit.