The GCU Bucket List: 50 Things To Do Before You Graduate

Whether you're a freshman or a senior, these are the items you have to do before Lopeland.

1829
Source: GCU.EDU

In the next couple of weeks, thousands of seniors will take on the stage at commencement in the GCU Arena -- otherwise known as, the next step into life. The past few years have been memorable for everyone about to graduate, whether they made lifetime friends being or their wish of ring before spring came true. However before you leave Lope Country, there are several things you just have to do on campus that are unique to GCU. These are the things in GCU you have to do before you graduate, starting from your first ever Welcome Week:

1. Make a friend in a food line during Welcome Week.

2. Attend a pool party on campus -- no swimming required.

3. Get involved in a club on campus.

4. Be a part of the walk of church every Sunday morning.

5. Participate in the March to the Match, and run along fellow Havocs before every soccer game.

6. Grab some friends and audition for Lip Sync -- even if you can't dance.

7. Duel with a foam sword and shield with the LARPers in the Quad or Grove Field.

8. Getting in line 2 hours before a game for a free shirt AND STAY for the game!!!

9. Offer to pay for someone's lunch with your Dining Dollars every now and again.

10. Take your date for dinner at the Canyon 49 restaurant.

11. Pet a campus cat by the NRA, in Canyon, or behind the College of Business Building.

12. Attempt to take a cat home with you at the end of the year...

13. Camping out early and make "line friends" for Midnight Madness!

14. Taking a selfie with Thunder Dan Majerle.

15. Have a communications class with Professor Jessi Farmer!

16. Create a dance number to the fire alarm.

17. Play with Nerf guns and participate in Humans vs. Zombies.

18. Offer to be a study reference for your friend taking Anatomy.

19. Be a test dummy for your Exercise Science or Sports Medicine friend.

20. Become a survey taker for your friend that is a Psychology major.

21.Participate in Karaoke Night in the ThunderGround.

22. Pay a little money to become an All-Access Havoc for the basketball games.

23. Have a campus wide scavenger hunt with your friends or even your entire hall.

24. Crash Prescott Palooza, even if you live in Prescott Hall.

25. Crash a dorm community gathering when you're a commuter!

26. Camp out the Quad before the New Mexico State game.

27. Sing to a crowd of people outside of GCBC in the balcony.

28. Discover rooftop access in a building and chill on top of a building.

29. Have a photo-shoot with your friends on top of a parking garage.

30. Draw smiley faces in dusty cars in Colter to make someone's day.

31. Skip a boring class to nap by the poolside.

32. Attend a BBQ Party in NRA.

33. Sleep in through a fire alarm.

34. Try out for a club team.

35. Join intramural sports.

36. Start a unique club.

37. Attend at least one Chapel and one Gathering each year.

38. Audition for Java Jam.

39. Join the Havocs Roadtrip to New Mexico and list things better than Las Cruces.

40. Befriend a public safety officer.

41. Make a staff member's day by asking how they are.

42. Holler for a golf cart by dancing.

43. Play a few rounds at the GCU Golf Course.

44. In a food truck day, try out the waffle truck! It's delicious!

45. Be an extra in a film created by a GCU student.

46. Join the drumming circle at least once.

47. Discover yourself!

48. Cherish the friendships you've made at Lopeland!

49. Pose in front of construction for your graduation photos -- Grand Construction University.

50. Take a dive in the pool with your cap and gown before you move out.