To That Friend I Lost Touch With

To That Friend I Lost Touch With

Just because we haven't talked in years doesn't mean that I have forgotten you.
17

Hello old friend,

How have you been? It has truly been years since we last spoke. I am sorry about that. Somehow we lost touch and now I can’t remember the last time we talked. It really is a shame we haven’t gotten together more, we had the best of times and some of the hardest laughs.

I remember our sleepovers, planning our lives out together. It is kind of funny how much has changed from our seventh-grade fantasies. I was sure that at this time would probably be at different schools, but definitely still talk. We would get ice cream at the place near my house in the summer and have movie nights in your basement.

This may be weird, but I still remember your room vividly. I mean, we practically lived at each other’s houses for a few years. I wonder if it is still the same, or if you painted over the walls to something more “sophisticated” and “grown up.” I remember you talked about doing that once in the notebook we wrote to each other in. If you are dying to know, my walls are currently lilac.

I hope that your family is well. I honestly miss them. They adopted me like another daughter and made sure that I was well fed whenever I came over. Now being a college kid with a usually crappy meal plan, I truly appreciate all the food your parents cooked for us. Please squeeze them extra tight next time you give them a hug for me.

I can’t believe that it has been so many years since we talked. I don’t even know what you are studying in school, or better yet, if you are even in school. Every once and awhile your photo pops up on Facebook, so at least I know you are still out there, somewhere. I truly hope that you are happy. You deserve to be.

It is hard having grown so far apart. It would be nice to get together and talk, but I don’t know if it would be weird or not. Could we just pick up where we left off? Or would it be like meeting a totally different person? I have changed over the years and I am sure you have too. I like to think that we would still be friends, but I don’t know.

I miss you in my life friend. Your personality and quirks were uniquely you and you always encouraged me to be a better person. I wish you many blessings. Quite a few birthdays went by since we last talked, but don’t think I have forgotten what day it is. Don’t ever forget what an incredible person you are, you are strong, brave, beautiful, kind, and caring, just to name a few.

If you ever want to get a coffee, I still think it tastes gross, but I’ll grab a hot chocolate instead. It’s about time for a reunion.

Love,

The friend who misses you.