An Open Letter To The Best Friend I've Ever Had

To the person who knows me to my core and still chooses to stick around.

180185
Allie Baldwin

To my person,

I think that you are placed into peoples lives for a reason. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky and what I have done to deserve a friend like you. People have come and gone out of my life, but for some reason you never left. Your friendship is one of the greatest gifts I have ever received.

I could write a book about the positive affect you have had on my life. Your heart is of the purest that I have ever known and everyone you meet feels your spirit the second they meet you. Your energy and smile radiates whenever you walk through a door. The love and compassion that you show for others is special. I am so grateful to be affected and influenced by you. I hope that one day I can be half of the person that you are.

You believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself. You loved me when I was hard to love. You listened to me when I didn’t have a voice and let me cry in your arms when I was broken. But most importantly, you never gave up on me. That is special.

You know me to my core. You know what makes me smile and what ticks me off. You can tell in an instant when I am upset and then continue to do everything in your power to make me feel better. If I am going through something, you are the first person to text me to make sure I am okay. When my confidence lags, you reassure me of myself. You understand my odd sense of humor, my love for sarcasm, and laugh at my terrible jokes and side comments. I have never had a bad moment with you.

You fill my life with an immense amount of happiness and love. I know that wherever life takes us, you will be part of my life. If we don’t talk for some time, we pick up right where we left off. Whenever I need you, I know you will always be there.

You are the epitome of a beautiful human being. I hope that every person in this world has someone like you in their lives.