Reading And Writing- The Foundations of Communication

Exercising your brain the right way.
139

With the rampant and exponential increase in technological advances and media, as a general population, we have been lacking on reading and writing much more than prior decades. Though I may be biased towards the matter as an English major, I know that writing and reading are extremely critical to our everyday lives. Writing and reading give us hands-on experience to ignite our senses of creativity and allow us to express ourselves on a more personal level.

It is no question that writing and reading enhance our personal expression and our memory's. Reading and writing are the two fundamental building blocks of life; they each are highly developmental for the mind, as the mind is considered a muscle that needs exercise. Reading has been proven to create an insightful imagination, especially when the skill is developed at an early age.

Another reason that reading is so important is that it opens our views to the outside world and is a platform for great informational resources like the news and Internet. These tools help us learn what is going on in the outside world and help us communicate with others in an extremely effective way. On the other hand, writing gives us the opportunity to develop clear and interpersonal ideas and can be an attempt to disregard any criticism that it upholds. Writing and reading are the foundations of linguistic communication and are very important skills to develop at an early age.