The Excitement Of A New Relationship

New relationships are frightening. Opening up to a new person, learning their habits and quirks, and becoming vulnerable all over again; it's all a part of the process. It's a scary, magical thing to step outside of that comfort zone.

That new relationship feeling, everyone knows it. You want to talk to the other person all of the time. You want to know everything thats going on in their life. You want to learn all you can about them. Everything they do is cute, or brings a smile to your face. I have butterflies all over again, a feeling I thought I may not experience for a long time.

With all the happiness that I feel right now, part of me is terrified. I know there is a 50/50 shot of this being forever or it being fleeting. Not exactly the most healthy way to look at a new relationship, but it's entirely logical. I'm terrified of giving my all to someone who won't return the love I have to give. I'm terrified of it starting out great and then out of no where, being blindsided and destroyed.

This fear is my version of "pinching myself" because everything seems to be going so well. None of my other relationships have ever been like this. He's supportive, caring, and never makes me feel like I'm not good enough. I'm trying so hard not to over think, but in this day and age, it seems thats all anyone ever does about any situation.

Dating and relationships should bring butterflies, happiness, and all of that cheesy stuff. It shouldn't bring stress or drama which is what I'm used to. I don't have to hide any part of who I am. I don't have to "tone down" any aspect of my personality. (I know I'm a bit much, so this is HUGE.)

New relationships are terrifying, but beautiful experiences and I'm excited for this one.