The Difference One Year Can Make

The Difference One Year Can Make

Cheers to you, 2017.

267
The Difference One Year Can Make
Urban Outfitters

December of 2016 is coming to an end, and just like that, in the blink of an eye, another year is gone. Another year of firsts, a year of lasts, and another year of checking things off of the bucket list. This New Years feels a little different than those before it though. Why? Because in this one year, I feel like I've aged five. It's not that I physically feel as though I've aged five years, but rather, at this point last year, I can't say that I was completely, entirely, one hundred percent confident in the plan that God has for my life. But the girl counting down to midnight this year sure is.

You know how people say, “God has a plan?” Well this time last year, I had heard that at least a million times, but it felt more like something I’d say to comfort a friend, and less like something that I really truly felt and believed. But this year? This year I have seen God do some crazy things in my life and in those lives around me that I was nowhere near expecting. There have been tears, but the laughter out-weighed them. There were losses, but there were also victories. Celebrations and goodbyes. So many smiles and so much love, all jam packed into a single year. But I guess that's what makes life interesting, right? I have absolutely no idea what's around the next corner.

The good news is that every high, and every low, He is using to lovingly stitch together the fabric of my life, a pattern he chose just for me a million years ago. I guess the biggest change from year-ago me, to the me writing this today, is that now, I trust in God's plan for my life completely. Whole-hearty, all the way, I am confident in the story He has already written for me. Psalm 65:11 says, “You crown the year with goodness, and even the hard pathways overflow with abundance.” The last year has proved this to be true countless times. As I walked through low points, and watched friends and family do the same, it became clearer and clearer that God never left our side, not even for a moment. Even in the valleys, God is with me, and you better believe He is with me at my highest points too.

I look back on this year, and all I can feel is gratitude. Real, true thanks for the last 365 days. And my biggest wish for this next year, is that I can say the same again the following December. Here's to the adventure that awaits in the next year. Here's to friendships growing stronger, and families closer, and for all of the love and laughter to come. Cheers to you, 2017, I can hardly wait to see what's in store.