John 3:16 Is Not The Only Verse In The Bible

John 1: 1-5 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made;without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The Light shines in the darkness , and the darkness has not understood it.”John 2:16-17 “To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! How dare you turn my father’s house into a market!’’ His disciples remembered that it is written; “Zeal for your house will consume me.”

195
Pexels.com

A walk through John

What is the first verse you think of when you hear the book of John?

John 3:16 right?

If you said yes, then GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE! There is nothing wrong with knowing John 3:16 by heart, that verse is one of the most powerful verses that speak the truth.

However, after going through a devotional from my church that took me through the chapter of John, I realized there are SO MANY verses that revealed more and more about Jesus’s personality. So I thought I would share them with you. As you read these, I challenge you to reread it in your bible and let God speak to you personally!

John 1: 1-5

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him, nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not understood it.”

What I learned from the verse was:

1. Everything that has been made was made by and with God.
  2. Darkness can not fully understand the light, darkness cannot be revealed through light, when you have light, darkness cannot be revealed or expressed. When you have the light of God in you, sin and darkness cannot be developed in you and people do not see the world, they just see God.

John 2:4

“... Jesus replied, “My time has not yet come.”

This was the statement right before Jesus turned water into wine. Jesus was referring to the wine as his blood that was soon to be spilled on the cross.

When he turned the water into wine, he was demonstrating the transition from water to living water. That Jesus’s blood was going to change everything and that his blood was going to be the everlasting water and that you didn’t need sacrifices or other rituals from the old testament to be forgiven, Jesus’s blood covers everything.

John 2:16-17

“To those who sold doves, he said, “Get these out of here! How dare you turn my father’s house into a market!’’ His disciples remembered that it is written; “Zeal for your house will consume me.”

Doves are mentioned in the bible multiple times and I love how it is mentioned in this verse. They were selling doves, doves present purity, so all together in the marketplace, they were selling doves which represent they were slowing selling the purity of God’s temple and slowly getting away from what the temple meant in the Old Testament.

The other part of the verse is so interesting.

Zeal means great energy or enthusiasm in pursuit of a cause or an objective. Some of the synonyms are passion, love, devotion, etc. All these words have the same meaning which is ardent interest in pursuit of something.

The disciples remembered that verse seventeen was previously stated in Psalm 69:9 from David. David was talking about God’s zeal for his people’s house will consume him. God’s interest in our house, our spirit, our faith, and life consume him. This is one of the verses that spoke God’s personality to me and showed me how much God truly loves us.