The Best Places To Get Coffee In Dahlonega, GA

Need to treat your coffee fix? Check out these great suggestions!

106
ericasuter.com

As a college student, coffee is a necessity. Most of the time it’s made at home and poured into a thermos before heading to an 8 am class. But there are times that going to a restaurant or café to get coffee and read a good book, do homework or just catch up with friends is just as important. In Dahlonega, GA there are several outstanding coffee places that everyone should try.

The Crimson Moon

The Crimson Moon is a coffee house and live music venue. The coffee at The Crimson Moon is always fresh, hot and delicious. If you go on a Thursday night, you can listen to their open mic night. Or you can find their concert schedule here. Not only does The Crimson Moon offer coffee, but also a full breakfast, lunch, dinner and even brunch menu. Whether you’re going for a coffee break, music, or for a meal, The Crimson Moon is worth the visit.

The Picnic Café

The Picnic Café is perhaps the cutest café you will ever go to. It is small, homey, and offers great food, ice cream, tea, coffee and a large variety of pastries. The coffee here is always delicious, as well as their hot teas and specialty hot chocolates (my personal favorite is the raspberry hot chocolate). They offer many pastries. I highly suggest their apple pastry and their cannoli to go with your coffee. When visiting, or staying in, Dahlonega, you do not want to miss out on The Picnic Café.

Website

Foothill Grill

Foothill Grill is the best breakfast place in all of Dahlonega. They serve a very large variety breakfast staples and combinations all day. Ranging from massive buttermilk pancakes to unique breakfast sandwiches, Foothill Grill offers the best breakfast in all of Dahlonega, GA. It really is a hole-in-the-wall type of place. Their coffee is classic, there is nothing fancy about it, but it sure is delicious. When asked where to eat breakfast in Dahlonega, I always answer “Foothill Grill”.

Website

Einstein Bros Bagels

Located on The University of North Georgia Dahlonega campus, Einstein’s is an excellent place to get a bagel and a large coffee. They will make specialty coffees, and also offer a variety of different hot coffee blends (dark, medium, blonde, flavored, etc.). When going to and from class, Einstein’s is my go-to. I’ve never had bad coffee there before. Their bagels and shmear (specialty cream cheese) that are offered never grow old as a pairing for your daily dose of coffee.

Starbucks

This is a pretty obvious one, but Starbucks never fails to offer great coffee as well. Starbucks is also located on the Dahlonega campus of The University of North Georgia, right inside the campus bookstore. On the top of this particular Starbucks there is a lounge area with outdoor “porch” seating. Students fill up this lounge area and use it to study, do homework or just catch up with friends, all while enjoying a delicious Starbucks beverage.

There are places all over Dahlonega, GA to get coffee, but the ones mentioned above are the best of the best. When in Dahlonega, these coffee places should be on everyone’s list to try.