6 Reasons Its Okay If I Don't See My Best Friend For Weeks

6 Reasons It Is Okay If I Don't See My Best Friend For Weeks On End

When we do get together, prepare yourselves, because all hell breaks loose

1229

My best friend and I have been friends for years. She has been through all the bullshit, we went to completely different high schools and colleges, and she deals with all the drama. Yet, here we are all those years later. We both have become a part of each other's families and a huge part of each other's lives. Most people think that in order to have a friend that close, you have to be with each other every day. You have to be holding hands, in each others space, and talking constantly.

media3.giphy.com

Let me tell you, my best relationship and my longest friendship is with the one I don't spend every waking minute with. And this is 100% okay. Here is why.

1. She has her own life and I have mine

Hannah Porter

We are both in relationships. So we aren't each other's significant other. That is a huge part of both of our lives. We have our own balance where we make time for each other and still hold a relationship. Sometimes, that means not seeing each other for a little while. This is okay! We don't let anyone tell us otherwise.

2. We will talk nonstop for hours because of all the drama we have to catch up on

Hannah Porter

We will get lost because we forgot about the GPS as we are trying to catch up. It is nonstop stories and gossip. We catch up on each other's families and boyfriends, school, and personal life. There is so much to get caught up on that there is hardly a dull moment. I'd rather have a great time like that then just sitting in silence.

3. We text, a lot.

Hannah Porter

So we may not see each other, but that doesn't mean there aren't Facetimes, phone calls, and texts. When something good happens, she's the first I tell. We might not celebrate until a week or two later, but she knows. When something just cannot wait, we find a way to tell each other.

4. She wants the best for me and I want the best for her

Hannah Porter

We are both in school and work. I want the best for her and she wants the best for me. That means making money and getting good grades. So if there is a weekend we are working, we skip a week or two hanging out. This is 100% okay. I'd rather have her not stressed because she is hanging out with me constantly and not studying.

5. When we see each other, we spend money. Try dinner, shopping, and nails.

Hannah Porter

Think of it as a money-saver. Let me tell you, my bank account would be very dry if we spent every day together.

6. ​There are no hard feelings. We pick right back up where we left off.

Hannah Porter

We both agree that this works for us and there aren't any hard feelings. We pick right back up where we were weeks ago and catch each other up. That is how you know our relationship is strong. I am so truly thankful I have her in my life.