The Best Big Man in the NBA

The Best Big Man in the NBA

Why Bam is setting the stage for future big men in the NBA

226
The Best Big Man in the NBA

Bam Adebayo was the 14th overall pick by the Miami Heat in the 2017 NBA Draft. In his career so far, he has averaged 12.2 points, 3.4 assists, and 5.9 defensive rebounds. This year in the 2020-2021 NBA season, he is averaging a career high 19.9 points. In his career, he has mostly been focused around the Center and Power Forward position

From the time he was drafted, Bam Adebayo has helped to revolutionize the idea of Big Man around the league. Adebayo is an extremely versatile big man, being able to efficiently space out the floor and guard any position. It does not matter if it is another big man like Joel Embiid or a small guard like Kemba Walker.

The emergence of Bam Adebayo has indicated that the days of the big lumbering big man that the NBA was accustomed to for decades is over. Big men in the modern NBA has to be more versatile, be able to shoot midrange shots, and even three point shots. We have seen this develop in other big men like Joel Embiid of the Philadelphia 76ers and Karl Anthony Towns of the Minnesota Timberwolves.

One of the most iconic moments with Bam Adebayo, perhaps his most iconic moment was his crucial block on Jayson Tatum in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals against the Boston Celtics. That moment was a testament to Bam Adebayo's versatility and potential.

Bam Adebayo is already a great big man in the NBA. What is amazing is that he still has so much room to get even better. Adebayo is still only 24 years old. It is highly possible that he has not even reached his prime as an NBA basketball player. Adebayo will only continue to grow and prove himself as the staple big man and player not only on his team, the Miami Heat, but the league as a whole.