15 Differences Between 'The Bachelor' And 'Temptation Island'

Dating shows are an addicting and intriguing past time for many viewers. "Temptation Island" and "The Bachelor" are two of these crazy dating shows that take over peoples lives. While the shows are very similar there are also a whole lot of differences.

1. The question of commitment 

"Temptation Island" puts four, mostly committed, couples in a group of a bunch of single men and women to try to tempt them to cheat.

2. The amount of people involved in the relationship 

"The Bachelor" is just one man with a group of women and he is, hopefully, not actually in a relationship going in (But it is Colton so you never know!)

3. Group dates

Every date on "Temptation Island" is a group date with eight people.

4. More on group dates

"The Bachelor" begins with a lot of group dates, but mixes in one-on-one and two-on-one dates as the season progresses

5. The plot point

The entire point of "The Bachelor" is to walk away in a committed engagement.

6. Pre-existing relationships . 

"Temptation Island" is almost the worst possible situation to put your relationship in; even worse than people who go on "The Bachelor" already in a relationship.

7. The oddities of housing

"The Bachelor" houses all of the contestants in one location while the star lives offsite somewhere. In "Temptation Island" the couples are separated and the four women live in a house will single men while the four men live in a separate house with single women.

8. How long the show has been on

"The Bachelor" has been on forever and people still love it.

9. The TV reboot 

"Temptation Island" is trying their third reboot since 2001 and I am not sure it will go anywhere after this season.

10. Oh the tears 

Everyone cries WAY more on "The Bachelor."

11. Elaborate dates 

The dates are more elaborate on "The Bachelor" compared to the boat rides and dinners on "Temptation Island."

12. Cocktail parties 

The idea of a cocktail party is more formal on "The Bachelor" because the man is not living in the house so every night can't be a party.

13. Formalities 

In general, "The Bachelor" is more about love and formalities.

14. One show is a hot mess and we all know which one it is

"Temptation Island" is a big hot mess of cheating and breaking up relationships.

15. The hosts 

Chris Harrison is a much better dating coach and host than the knock off Chris Harrison, Mark Walberg, that hosts "Temptation Island."

People will love one, the other, or both, but the contestants will probably not be loving their life while filming the show. I just hope all of these people will find a happy life and the perfect partner someday!