11 Thoughts I Had Watching 'Game Of Thrones' S08E02
Television Streaming

All of our favorite storylines are coming to an end, and you know what that means.

44
HBO

Last weeks episode was a lot of set up, getting ready for the huge battle that comes in episode three. But this episode was mind-boggling, seeing everyone together and tying up loose ends. It hurts my heart.

Jaime is in some deep trouble. 

I knew from the very beginning of season 8 that he would show up at some point. We all did because, at the end of season 7, he had taken off from King's Landing. But in between seasons, I seemed to forget that Bran was in Winterfell, now. Dany isn't going to let him forget what he did to her father, either.

"The things we do for love." BOOM. MIC DROP.

Bran really just did that. He pulled the words literally from Jaime's mouth. That's what Jaime said just as he pushed Bran from the window in that very first episode of season 1.

Arya and Gendry are totally gonna do it.

As much as I don't want to think about Arya, everyone's twisted little sister, doing the nasty, we know it's going to happen. Her and Gendry have a past that's hard to ignore and the world is about to come crashing down. I wish they would have skipped over the graphic parts.

WTF is Dany trying to do here? 

It's no secret that Sansa and Daenerys don't see eye to eye. That's why I was so confused about the oddly heartwarming conversation between the two. I'm torn between the two. I don't love Sansa and I love Dany, but something feels sour about the both of them together.

Bran's definitely going to die.

As much as I love Brandon Stark, his creepy stare unnerves me. I don't feel too sad about him dying if he does. He'd be dying for the right cause, of course, luring the Night King to his death at the Godswood.

If Tormund and Brienne don't have giant monster babies, what was this all for?

My favorite ship ever is Tormund and Brienne, although the latter has her eyes on a golden-haired kingslayer. His love is so pure.

Alright, that's a little far bud. Maybe it's best to keep your stories to yourself.

How is Tormund supposed to win his lady if he tells his story about drinking Giant's milk? It's hilarious and I love it, but it's clearly off-putting.

SER BRIENNE OF TARTH. Her story is complete. 

Brienne deserves it. However, now that her story is complete and she's fulfilled her duty to Lady Catlynn, Sansa, and Arya, we know what comes next. Hopefully, our fearless knight Brienne survives the Battle of Winterfell.

Arya, please put your shirt on. 

I've said it once and I'll say it again. It's like watching your sibling get naked. No one wants to see that. Apparently, the biggest search right after that scene was, "Maisie Williams age."

Who knew Pod had pipes? He's good with the ladies AND he can sing? Sign me up.

We all remember that fated moment when Tyrion gifts Podrick with ladies. He's come so far from there, traveling all over and learning to fight with Brienne. Glad to know one last thing about him.

Jon, you couldn't have waited until after the huge battle that's about to happen? 

There's a long list of dumb thing that Jon's done, but this takes the cake. If there's anything that sends Daenerys into madness, I have a feeling it'll be this.

It seems nearly impossible to wait for next weeks episode, knowing how much is going to go down. The deaths are going to be immeasurable and I have a very scary feeling that we're going to lose some of our most beloved characters in the episodes to come.