The 7 SUNY Delhi Residence Halls As "Full House" Characters

Your favorite childhood TV show characters and how they match up to your campus residence halls.
80

SUNY Delhi is a unique campus where we get to spend about ten months meeting new people and getting to know each other. Most of the people you first become friends with are people in your residence hall (like your roommate, for example, the person who can be your best friend or your biggest enemy). It's easy to get to know the people on your floor. You all share your hall so it's pretty cool knowing the people in it. The Delhi college community can become pretty close. Here's a list of the residence halls in comparison to "Full House" characters.

1. Murphy Hall / Joey Gladstone.

I'll start off with Murphy simply for the fact that it was my first residence hall. Murphy Hall has a unique atmosphere full of all sorts of people. With the large open lounge space, its easy to come across most of the people in the building. Also with the windows throughout the halls, most of the faces become familiar. The RAs are usually pretty cool and friendly. They're the type of people, like Joey Gladstone, that you can go to when you need a friend but know how to stay professional and not let your friendship allow things to slide when it comes to their job. Murphy hall like Joey is humorous and always full of laughter (unless its quiet hours). Everyone is usually pretty laid back. Also like Joey Gladstone, this hall is full of character. They can be the life of the party but serious when they need to be. Its a good place to make tons of memories.

2. Russel Hall / Jesse Katsopolis.

Russel hall is the too cool for school crowd but they really have heart. Like Jesse you can find sources of rebellion, talent, and sometimes even challenge towards authority. You can even hear music playing in nearly every hall. But in the end they can be the most caring and considerate people you meet. This hall can be full of surprises. It isn't always the most organized place, but a lot of the people can find peace in chaos. It isn't about what it appears to be to everyone else, Its the people living there that make it a home.

3. Dubois Hall / Danny Tanner.

Dubois hall is the cleanest residence hall at SUNY Delhi. This is mainly because its full of nursing and vet sci. students who are some of the hardest working and most motivated students. Dubois is also pretty strict on enforcing the rules such as 24/7 quiet hours through out the girls corridors. Dubois is extremely family orientated. It's a friendly place and they really are like one big family. They're the type of people that I would go to for something like Danny's "Fatherly talks/ advice". Overall Dubois is very welcoming and comfortable.

4. Gerry Hall / Michelle Tanner.

Gerry Hall like Michelle Tanner likes to be pretty out there and all around fun. Reese and Linda are to Gerry Hall residents as Teddy and Denise were to Michelle; good friends. They make the hall a brighter and more interesting place. Gerry is located right next to C-store which gives them easy access to food. Everyone in Gerry is pretty likable and easy going. As Michelle would say, "you got it dude".

5. O'Connor Hall / Stephanie Tanner.

O'Connor has its own interesting style. It can be filled with people who have the least in common but that's why they can get along so well. They aren't afraid to be themselves and go after what they want. The walls of O'Connor are a bright blue, completely different from every other hall. It has a splash of color which makes it different and like Stephanie. Just don't make them angry because, "how rude!" The top floor only has 24 hour quiet hours like Dubois, but the rest of the hall can get pretty loud. It's filled with pretty ambitious people. They like to joke around a lot but O'Connor is the type of hall that has a pretty positive outlook on things and it will motivate you like Stephanie Tanner.

6. Catskill Hall / DJ Tanner.

Catskill Hall is pretty independent, or, like DJ, it wants to be. Living in Catskill is like DJ sharing a room with Stephanie. You're always going to have someone there for you when you need them or when you just get bored (well technically speaking five more people). Catskill can be pretty private but it can also open and fun. It's the perfect place to have a bunch of friends over. Like DJ, Catskill is like the oldest child because it isn't available to freshman, so they like to think they're a little more mature (even though most of us really aren't).

7. Riverview townhouses / Kimmy Gibbler.

The Riverview townhouse residents are like Kimmy because they're your neighbor. Sometimes they show up at unexpected times. They aren't always around, but they're still a part of the Delhi family and they are good friends.