The 7 Emotional Stages Of Shopping

The 7 Emotional Stages Of Shopping

No matter how hectic each trip can be, there is no such thing as a bad shopping trip, for every one follows a unique set of steps that ensures you will walk away happy!

69
The 7 Emotional Stages Of Shopping
Harpers Bazaar

Every woman know that the experience of shopping is an emotional one. From the grief of not finding anything that fits to the rage of some girl taking the last cream sweater, it can get pretty crazy. But no matter how hectic each trip can be, there is no such thing as a bad shopping trip, for every one follows a unique set of steps that ensures you will walk away happy!

1. The Hunt

Finding countless cute clothes on the racks, ripping apart the neatly displayed undies to find your size, and seeing how many clothes you can fit in your arms before you need a dressing room. Fighting against every other girl in the store to get the last pair of jeans in your size is what us girls live for.

2. The Price Check

After you’ve acquired enough stuff to clothe an army, you make the depressing mistake of checking the price, leading you to sulk back to the hangers grudgingly giving up those $80 jeans.

3. Dressing Room Line Chaos

Having to wait in the insane dressing room lines while a group of girls take their time modeling every single article of clothing for their friends, when all you’re trying to do is see if your sweater fits. Then all the waiting has you contemplating if you really need the clothes or not..

4. Your Own Fashion Show

When you finally get inside the dressing room, you can’t help but hypocritically put on your own fashion show for yourself. Sending Snapchats to friends to see if they approve of your new clothes, taking pictures to see if they will photograph well on you, and just honestly vibing to the music in the store with your potential new clothes.

5. The Final Scope

When you’ve finally decided what you want from the dressing room and now you start to make your way to checkout. Except, you need to be absolutely sure that you didn’t miss anything. So now you go stealth mode, scoping out the entire store in what feels like a slow motion walk to the register, making sure there isn’t a single potentially cute piece of merchandise

6. Blowing Cash

Now that you’ve finally made your way to the register, you get everything checked out and then the painful part; the total is calculated and comes out to be more than you expected. Luckily you have some cash and think to yourself trying to justify it saying, “Maybe Dad won’t notice the charge for 200 dollars at the mall!”

7. Buyer’s Remorse

Now that the shopping adrenaline rush is fading, you begin walking to your car with your seven different bags, all lined with tissue paper and ribbons, waddling and realizing you may have overdone it. It’s at that moment that you realize maybe you didn’t need 17 new pairs of underwear from Victoria’s secret. Whoops, oh well, too late now!