The 6 Stages Of Becoming Comfortable With Your Roommate

Do you walk around in a towel?

82
Tumblr

College is a crazy place. One of the wildest aspects is living with a complete and total stranger, and learning how to co-exist. It's been a little over a month since school started, and I can honestly say my roommate is one of my best friends, but that didn't happen overnight. Here are the stages every pair of roommates go through before they're 100% comfortable with each other .

Stage 1: Best Behavior.

I remember the first day me and my roommate met, I made sure not to do anything that would piss her off. I took the quickest shower of my life and didn't talk to her while she was getting changed, in case it made her uncomfortable.

Stage 2: Slowly Borrowing Each Other's Stuff.

"Hey so I totally forgot to buy makeup wipes at Target last week, do you mind if I borrow one? Don't worry you can have my entire makeup collection in exchange and i'll give you three dollars."

Stage 3: Gossiping About the Present.

This is when you start spilling the details on the cute guy you met last night or how much your professor sucks. Venting occurs during this stage, and this is when you actually start becoming friends and not just two people who live in the same room.

Stage 4: Gossiping About the Past.

The random girl who started about a rumor about your roommate in 8th grade, hate her. The guy who broke her heart sophomore year of high, boy bye. She knows all about your awkward stage in middle school, and you're totally fine with it. Late night conversations at 3 am is when this usually happens.

Stage 5: The Towel.

Modesty has gone completely out the window at this point.

Stage 6: Letting Your Freak Flag Fly.

Congratulations, you and your roommate are officially comfortable with each other. You let all the crazy show, and they still love you for it. You can be 100% completely yourself and you already know it's going to be a great year!