Yes, ladies and gentlemen-- it's that time of year again. Summer is upon us, and now is the time we fully regret all the unhealthy choices we made during those cold winter months. Swim suit season is approaching and that means finding that extra motivation to go back to the gym. For most, working out can be a struggle. Here are the stages most people go through when heading back to the gym.
1. Pre-Workout Motivation
Let's be honest, this motivation is very short-lived.
I'll go after I take my nap.
3. You finally make the walk to the gym.
You're so ready to kill this workout.
4. You begin your workout and feel like a fitness super star.
You feel and look great.. until you realize you might die as you run a mile.
5. Ten minutes later.... you realize why you avoided the gym at all costs.
Oh, and you completely forgot how out of shape and unhealthy you are.
6. But you realize summer is right around the corner and you somehow find more motivation.
The moment you realize you have to be in a bikini in less than a month and turn up the speed on the treadmill.
7. Until you see that insanely fit person next to you...
Don't feel bad about yourself, those crossfit stars can't eat pizza and taco bell whenever they want.
8. You leave the gym feeling extremely accomplished.
I came, I saw, I conquered.
9. Yes, your extreme hunger has officially set in.
10. You reward yourself for going to the gym.
It's all OK. You made the healthy choice of going to the gym so eating Chick-Fil-A is basically like eating a salad.
11. Accepting defeat and embracing your inner laziness.
Don't worry, you can always try again tomorrow.
And to top it all off, you get to get up tomorrow and go back to the gym to continue your daily suffering. Happy summer, ladies and gentlemen.