An Open Letter To My Inspiration

An Open Letter To My Inspiration

Who is your go to?

127
An Open Letter To My Inspiration
Quotepix.com

Dear Inspiration,

I am the social butterfly in my family, which means I am the one who will go above and beyond to meet as many people as possible — is that good or bad? I personally think that it has it's pros and cons because the more people you meet, the more friends you have but, sometimes when you meet too many people you have a high expectation of them all even when they tend to give you less than 50 percent of a friendship — that's never fun.

My favorite part of being a social butterfly is meeting those people who give me the motivation to just do bigger and better things with my life, usually these people are referred to as an "Inspiration" or "Motivator." The best part of having one of these is because they keep you going day by day and they are always the ones who pick you up when things get tough. Sometimes their stories are a bit rougher than your own and to me that's motivation in and of itself.

My inspiration is my friend Allison Berman; many people from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Area know her not just because of the outstanding things she has accomplished or because of how friendly she is, but because of the traumatic life changing experience she had a few months ago. Due to personal information, I can not disclose what had happened in detail but let's just say that she was in a horrible car accident and when I say horrible, I mean that Allison is lucky to be here today. From the accident, no one knew what was going to come out of Allison. But here she is, a few months after the accident, being able to walk, drive, lift things and be a normal teenager again, with some limitations on weight restraints for now, but she plans on coming back and recovering better than ever- this is my ideal inspiration.

Everyone in their life has a different image of an inspiration, maybe it's a teacher, family member, celebrity or, like me, a friend. The meaning of an inspiration is to pick up someone else's pieces, even when your puzzle isn't 100 percent together.

Thank you for being the one I could lean on when I need something even though you're still going through many more life obstacles than I am. Even though you may not know that you have impacted my life and many others lives by not giving up even when things got extremely tough, I am here to say, you have! You're truly my inspiration and I hope to one day be as strong as you!

I love you! Keep going strong!

Sincerely,

The One You've Inspired Most