A Letter To My High School Friends

A Letter To My High School Friends

Graduated yet or not, thank you!

20
A Letter To My High School Friends

Dear You Guys,

This one is for all of you. This simple note is to recognize that even though we’ve all gone our separate ways, that you are still remembered, loved and cherished.

Back within the confines of our high school walls, I could not count the number of times, in my senior year alone, that I said the words, “I cannot wait to graduate" or “I cannot wait to move away from this town." Little did I know that life was about to pass me by far faster than I could ever write a scholarship application. Little did I know that not seeing each and every one of you on a daily basis would have such an impact on my life.

You’re the people that I’ve grown close to over the past 13 academic years of my life, and some of you even longer than that. You’re the ones that I played at recess with. You’re the ones that awkwardly stumbled through middle school with me. You’re the very humans that helped me figure out who I was supposed to be in high school and have helped me to become the person I am today. For as many “I’ll miss you’s” as I said on graduation day, there were far too little “Thank You’s." I was so grossly focused on myself that I nearly forgot to thank the wonderful people that had helped me get that far. Here I am, off doing my own thing. I’ve graduated, and I don’t live in that town anymore. I am at a wonderful college persuing my dreams and reaching for the stars, but I really do miss you guys. As the saying goes, “You never know what you’ve got until it’s gone." You all were such a big part of my life, and I am realizing that now more than ever.

Now, some of you are at different colleges across the state or across the country. I see the some of your accomplishments from time to time on social media, and I want you to know that I am incredibly proud of all of your hard work. Know that it is all paying off. Some of you are serving our beautiful nation, and for that, I absolutely cannot express how thankful I am. Know that I am deeply moved by your actions and dedication, and have the utmost respect for you. Some of you are still back home, maybe still in highschool. I urge you guys to never waste an opportunity. No matter your future plans, prioritize and value your education. Don’t forget to say thank you to your teachers and peers.

I pray that each and every one of you is following your dreams, that you’re taking as much as you’re giving, that you’re seeking out opportunities and making a life for yourselves that you won’t need a vacation from. I hope that you are all embracing the difficult times life may present you with grace. Know that you are all so, so very loved. There are so many great and wonderful things that I wish for you all. Please know that you are not forgotten by me.

Thank you for everything.

~Jennah