24 Realizations All Coloradans Have Once They Leave CO

Don't even try to @ me.

148057
Sammy Cho

In honor of fall break and returning to my home very soon, I’ve taken some time to compile a list of the inevitable realizations all Coloradans have when they leave the 303 for a different state like *cough cough* Nebraska. Nothing against Nebraska, but sorry y’all got nothing on Colorado.

1. Colorado water is a delicacy

Water is straight from the mountain springs, and you can drink from the tap! It’s like having a Brita Filter without actually having a Brita Filter.

2. The Mountains

You never realize how much you take advantage of the beautiful work of plate tectonics.

3. Coloradans pronounce "mountain" differently

Spekaing of Mountins... we say "moun-ain" and you say "moun-tain".

4. 14ers

No one knows what these are (it's a mountain 14,000 feet or higher in elevation!! And YES we hike them all the time!!)

5. Sunny days all days

Is Florida the "sunshine state"? Yeah okay. Well, we have 300 out of 365 days of sunshine a year babyyyyy! Perfect for those goggle (ski goggles, of course) tan lines.

6. Sunsets

Mountains plus the sun setting in the west just work together nicely.

7. Elevation has conditioned our lungs

Have you ever caught altitude sickness? Not us, we’re immune. We’re always high.

8. Snow

Real snow falls in Colorado. What is this icy sleet falling everywhere else?

9. We love our flag

Ok because it’s legit pretty and has a legit meaning behind it (yeah, Google it). Go into any Coloradan’s college dorm room, and what’s hanging loud and proud? Our flag. What’s on t-shirts, hats, socks, shorts, swimsuits, sunglasses, skis, water bottles… yeah… need I say more?

10. Marijuana

All I’m sayin’ is that Colorado residents started a nation-wide revolution on April 20th. You're welcome.

11. Coors

You’re lying if you say your heart doesn’t get happy when you see Coors on tap or on T.V. This little slice of home is the banquet beer of America!

12. Chipotle

It started in Colorado, and for some reason, it always tastes better back home too.

13. Birkenstocks and Chacos

Listen, if you aren't a native and you own these, y’all are just wannabes.

14. People pronounce "Colorado" weird

We say "colo-rad-o" and you probably say "colo-rod-o".

15. Colorado is dry

Okay, but humidity isn’t any better!!

16. No one else lives the mountain lifestyle like we do

Ski bums, pow days, flannels, mountain towns, and ski passes, it's a way of life.

17. Which way is west?

Honestly, I couldn't tell ya, without the mountains I am lost.

18. Skiing and snowboarding

Colorado DAMN STRAIGHT has some of the best skiing (and snowboarding) in the world… ask anyone. Oprah, Justin Bieber, or your professor too!

19. Subarus

Wait, everyone doesn't drive a Subaru Outback?

20. "Pizza crust 'n honey" isn't a universal thing in other states.

Thank you Beau Jo’s for this delicious combo I thought everyone knew about.

21. Traffic

Traffic sucks everywhere but no one understands traffic on pow days or weekend mountain traffic like we do.

22. Coloradans are active af

You'll find more people biking on the roads than actual cars. If you don't hike, ski, camp, backpack, raft, etc. then you should probably consider moving.

23. Red Rocks

Undoubtedly one of the BEST concert venues on the planet.

24. Colorado state spirit is REAL

In 4th grade, we all were taught the ~Colorado state history unit~ and how there’s so much to love about this place… they weren’t lying.

So yeah, listen. Colorado is great and all but please stop moving here (I'm talking to you Californians and Texans). There's no more room. But we heard Nebraska or any of the states to the north or east of us are vacant!! Good luck with that.