Today, I Am Thankful

Today, I Am Thankful

My people deserve appreciation.
121

Today, I am thankful. I am thankful every day, but today is especially.

I have taken time to reflect on how truly blessed I am to be living the life I live. It's easy to forget what you have standing right in front of you when you're focusing on future hopes and dreams. But right now I ask you to think about the things you would be lost without.

The people that continuously push you to be better. The past that has made you stronger and shaped you into the person you are today. The experiences you are involved in daily that help you become better than you were the day before. All of this is a part of God's plan and it's time to cherish it.

Not a day goes by that I don't spend some amount of time speaking with my friends. Whether we are Facetiming, SnapChatting, or sending in messages to our old group chat, my friends never fail to put a smile on my face. They keep me focused on what is important and make sure I am always striving to be a better person.

We are consistently lifting each other up, keeping others in line, and focusing on our growth not only as individuals but also together as friends. Those are what true best friends are for. I'm lucky to say that whoever I am surrounded by, new friends or old, I can always feel a sense of comfort knowing they will be there through it all.

My family is everything to me. My parents have worked hard their whole lives to be able to provide for me. They have proven to me time and time again that they are and always will be my best friends. There is nothing I appreciated more when I was a kid than expressing to them how I felt or my opinion on something and knowing they were truly listening.

The communication I grew up with has made me who I am. Every recital, performance, game, and everything in between came along with two of the best teachers and cheerleaders I could ever ask for. Thankful is an understatement for those two.

I am also unbelievably thankful for my relationship. He is always there to provide good advice, talk things through with me when life becomes difficult, and he is always down for some good sushi. He has proven to me that love and communication are two things that I can count on no matter what happens. I love having the mutual respect we have for one another and knowing that no matter how much we joke and tease, it is all out of love. I'm so lucky to know what true love is at a young age and to be able to appreciate every second of it.

Moving from high school to college was a huge step for me. It was a time to be independent and begin a path to my finding my dream job and furthering my education. I had no idea what it would entail but I was so ready to dive in head first.

From joining my sorority to being presented with new job opportunities, I have grown so much. I am constantly around empowering women who show me that I can do whatever I set my mind to. They don't just tell me I can do it, they stand alongside me and guide me on the way. Life and school exploration wouldn't be as fun or exciting without them.

Besides all of the good things in my life, I am also extremely thankful for past people and experiences that didn't treat me so well. It makes me realize my worth and allows me to learn from what occurred. Not all bad times in life are so bad. You can't begin to appreciate all of the good without going through bad times. It hurts at the time, but you'll be able to look back on it and realize it was probably one of the best things that has happened to you. It rids you of toxic situations as well as toxic people. And for that, I am grateful.

Life is absolutely beautiful and God has blessed me tremendously. No this is not me saying that my life is perfect. Some days are harder than others, but I will never lose sight of what is important. The things I have are irreplaceable and it's time I put those things above all else. I hope this article made you think of all of the things you're thankful for. You would be surprised at how happy you could be if they were your main focus during stressful times.