Thank You To The Best Big A Girl Could Ask For

I love you more than words can describe

23

Thank you to my mentor, my best friend, my shoulder to cry on, my role model, my big sister. The old saying is honestly so true, the only thing better than getting my bid is getting my big. I love you more than words can describe, and I will never be able to thank you enough. From the first time I met you, I was so excited that you were my sister and I was even more excited the day I found out that you were my big. You have been the best big sister I could ever ask for, and I will be forever grateful for that.

1. For teaching me about our chapter

You were the first sister I talked to after receiving my bid. You took pictures with me and taught me how to throw our sign. At the time, I didn't realize that you would end up being my best friend, my role model, and of course my big. Since then you have taught me everything from what to wear to a chapter meeting, the meaning behind our rituals, how our philanthropy works, to what the best makeup to use is. There are so many lessons I’ve learned not just from the advice you have given me, but from watching how graciously you carry yourself in any situation.

2. For being someone I can look up to

You are the biggest role model for me, and I only hope that one day I can be as amazing as you are. Part of being a big sister is being a role model, but you do it better than anyone I could imagine. You are so talented, and you do so much for our chapter. You are one of the busiest people I know, but somehow you still make time to hang out with me and I will always be thankful for that.

3. For always being there for me when I need you

You have seen me through the good times and the bad times, and never once did you judge me. You were always there whenever I needed a shoulder to cry on, advice, or just someone to go get In-N-Out with. Thank you for being there for me, no matter what time of the day or what the situation may be.

5. For being my best friend

You have always been my biggest supporter, and my closest friend. I know that no matter what happens I will always have you by my side. Some people come and go through our lives, but I’m sure that you and I will always be close. Some big/little pairs aren’t that close, but I am so so so grateful that isn’t the case with us. I can’t imagine my life in college without you by my side.

6. For letting me become part of the family

After becoming your little, I began to learn all about our family tree and what an amazing group of people makes up our family. I love everyone in our family so much and have such great memories with every one of them--from spring break with your other little, my sib, to dinner dates with my g big. I am so happy to be a part of such an amazing family, and I am so grateful that you brought me into it.

7. For all the amazing crafts during big/little week

I know that you spent many hours crafting the perfect gifts for my baskets during big/little week and I absolutely love every single detail of the gifts. I know how much hard work, time, and money it must have taken to make those baskets as perfect as they are and I want you to know how much it is appreciated. There is absolutely nothing that could have made them any more perfect, and it just showed how well you knew me.

9. For always being down to go get food, no matter the hour of the day

You love food just as much as I do and it is fantastic. I always have someone to go with me to get pizza or to our favorite coffee shop, or if we are too lazy to leave the dorms you are always down to order Postmates with me. We may have a small obsession with pizza, but it's okay because at least we are addicted together.

10. For all our shopping trips

Yes, I know that you hate shopping so that just makes me appreciate every shopping trip even more. You always help me find the cutest outfit, pair of heels, or new lipstick. I know this part sounds superficial, but it just is so much more fun to wander through the mall with you by my side. The clip above is way too accurate--I always have to pick clothes out for you and force you to try them on, but it's actually entertaining trying to force you to actually shop.

11. For sharing closets

We also both may or may not have an unhealthy addiction to high heels. I know if I don't have a pair of heels that work for an event that you probably do. Thank you for sharing your closet with me whenever I can't find the right outfit in my own wardrobe.

12. For loving me unconditionally and always caring

Thank you for always loving me and caring about me no matter what. Your support means more to me than you will ever know. I knew when I got a big sister that whoever it was would care about me, but I never imagined the kind of love and support I have from you.

13. For giving me a family when mine is so far away

Being an out-of-state student is hard because I end up missing my family and getting homesick, but you were there for me every time that happened. You made being away from home not so bad, because I had a home with you and our greek family.

14. For being protective over me

It means so much to me to know that I always have you looking out for me. Sometimes both of us get a little over protective over the other but it's only because we love each other and don't want to see the other get hurt. Some people may make fun of us being the others "guard dog", but that's only because they don't understand.

15. For being the best big sister a girl could ask for

I never grew up with any older siblings so I didn't exactly understand what it was like to have a big sister. Now that I have you, I couldn't imagine not having you as my big sister. I love you so much, and I am so grateful for everything you do for me.