A Thank You To Cambria Joy

A Thank You To Cambria Joy

Let your light shine!
83

YouTube has blown up recently. It always used to be about just sharing videos on the Internet. As much as people always asked for likes and subscribers, it wasn’t about having a nice camera, fancy editing, or making money. With all of these new standards and the direction it is going, it is hard to find genuine, uplifting content on YouTube. Since 2012 or so (maybe earlier), I found a YouTuber that not only shared my core beliefs, but really cared about what people consumed when they watched her content. To this day she is the only YouTuber I really watch consistently because her content is so genuine.

Cambria Joy (BreeLovesBeauty) on YouTube is inspiring in many ways! She truly wants her viewers to get inspired in all the right ways. She inspires others to be fit because we are made in God’s image and it is important to honor the body we live in. She speaks about healthy mentality as well. I never come away from her videos feeling rubbed the wrong way or without feeling good. It is fantastic content in such a shallow world. Talk about building others up and building up the body of Christ! I have seen an array of comments either telling her how inspiring she is, how she helped somebody stop binging, how someone is now getting fit for the right reasons, or someone who loved her mini pep talk even though they don’t believe in Christ.

I can tell you at least 5 things I learned from her that have stuck with me:

1) We only have today so choose now to start making a change. Don’t wait for Monday.

2) Choose to eat the cake or whatever the heck you want and don’t regret it because it is a CHOICE.

3) Jesus died for you at 100 pounds or 200 pounds. (He doesn’t care).

4) Just be consistent with your workouts and that will lead you to where you need to be.

5) Give yourself grace.

There are so many more I could list, but the point is those are 5 major things that really helped me all throughout the last 5 years! I wanted to put this out there because I appreciate Cambria very much. In a world where we are so preoccupied with how we look, she is a breath of fresh air speaking the truth of Jesus Christ. Not only do we need more people like this in the world, we need more girls proclaiming these things, building others up. So I recommend you check out her videos if you want a refreshing, positive set of content in your life. We could all use a bit more light!

So thank you Cambria!

P.S. Her and her husband are actually relationship goals and the most uplifting people to watch.