A Thank You Letter To My First-Year Roommate
Friendships

Thank You To My First-Year Roommate

Thank you for making my first-year incredible.

156
Thank You To My First-Year Roommate

To my most amazing roomie,

When I first got to UVA, I was so nervous about everything associated with college. Making new friends, going to classes, having to live with dining hall food for a year, etc. But, after the first day of getting to know you, I became a lot less anxious and a lot more excited because I knew that I would have an amazing friend on grounds. From that moment on, we were able to conquer first-year together.

Throughout our first year, we have shared so many incredible memories. We have been to concerts and parties together, have had lots of dining hall dinners, and have both started a journey with faith through Chi Alpha. We have talked endlessly about basically everything and have had a ton of late-night dance parties and movie nights in the dorm. We have survived all of the ups and downs of first-year and have supported each other through it all.

I hope that you know that you are such an incredible person. You are so kind, compassionate, smart, funny, strong, encouraging, and beautiful. I love all of the funny stories that you tell, how you can jump at the smallest thing in a movie, love jamming out to music, and are a beast at basically every sport. I love how passionate you can be, how much you care for your friends and family, and how you are always willing to try new things. You have already done wonderful things with your life, and I know that you are going to do even more in the future.

Thank you for everything that you have done for me in my first year of college. Thank you for always supporting me and making my days brighter. Thank you for being my first friend at college and for being my best friend throughout this year. We may not be roommates next year, but I know that we will still always hang out and go on new adventures together. I am so so grateful that I have had you as my roommate, and I am even more blessed to have you as one of my best friends.