Thank You To My Big Brothers

Thank You To My Big Brothers

Because you deserve some thank yous.

26
Thank You To My Big Brothers
original photo

Dear brothers,

I know we don’t actually see much of each other these days. We’re not exactly all living under the same roof anymore, and we are certainly leading our own lives. Truth be told, I miss you both. I miss the days of movie nights, hanging at the beach all day and playing in the backyard. As I reminisce about our childhood, I can't help but think of how grateful I am to have you. The thing is, I need to say thank you. Together, you are the most wonderful older brothers a girl could ask for, and I now I don’t tell you that enough.

Thank you for getting muffin crumbs on me just hours after I was born. Thank you for getting that toy car stuck in my hair that one summer. Thank you for laughing just as hard as I did when I single-handedly covered an elevator in hot chocolate. Because of you, I have learned life gets a little messy sometimes. Things spill, plans change and sometime’s you get caught up in unexpected situations but that’s OK. Thank you for being two excellent examples of how to get in trouble when we were growing up. Thank you for spilling that entire can of paint on the garage floor while we were being babysat. (I think we all learned that there is such a thing as too much fun.) Thank you for teaching me proper minivan etiquette. Who can forget that infamous car ride in which one parent, who will remain nameless, threw some brand new hats into the woods after you two refused to behave?

Thank you for teaching me to be brave. Taking new jobs, trying new sports, going to school hours from home, taking risks, going on adventures, putting yourselves out there – you two have done it all. Who knows if I would have even considered doing half of the things I am now if it weren’t for my older brothers. Thank you for showing me possibilities. Thank you for being wonderful role models ever since we were little kids. When I think of my big brothers, I see infinite kindness and love. I see two people with incredible futures ahead who make me ridiculously proud to be their sister. Thank you for being you.

Love,

Your little sister