A Thank-You Letter To Fast-Food Employees

Fast- food employees are some of the most under thanked people there are.

1675

Fast- food employees are some of the most under thanked people there are. People are constantly rude to them and ridicule them. No matter what they do, someone always leaves the restaurant unhappy. On Thanksgiving night, I was in Savannah and decided to stop at a McDonald’s to get a coffee. All of the other restaurants were closed, so of course this one was very busy. I witnessed a man get out of his car, walk in, and demand to talk to the manager because he had not received his milkshakes yet. He then proceeded to yell at the manager, saying that the service he received was unacceptable.

Dear Fast-Food Employees,

I would just like to thank- you for all the hard work you put in not on the prepare my food, but to also get it to me as fast as you can. Thank-you for working holidays when every other restaurant is closed. I know you may not exactly like your job, but you are valued greatly. You are the people we go to when we don’t feel like cooking. I would also like to apologize on behalf of anyone who ever made you feel like your job was beneath them. I am very sorry for all the rude people you encounter throughout the day. I am sorry for the people that act a fool and are impatient.

I know I am only one person, but I would just like you to know that I appreciate everything you do, from taking my order to making it. Without each and every one of you, I would not be able to do the things I need to do. Without you, our busy lives would be even busier. Don’t let anyone ever tell you that you are just an insignificant fast-food employee, because if you were they would not be at the restaurant eating. Don’t let a rude costumer get you down, you will always have others who are thankful for you being there.

-A Thankful Costumer