A Thank You Letter To Ben and Jerry's

A Thank You Letter To Ben and Jerry's

You deserve a thank you for all that you do.
31

Dear Ben and Jerry’s,

There have been many nights when I head to my freezer and grab some ice cream. There is something so special about your ice cream, though. For some reason, I feel like Ben and Jerry’s has a somewhat magical effect, where I just know everything will be alright. That whatever I may be stressed or upset about will soon pass. Or your ice cream opens people up to each other creating amazing moments. The familiar feeling of a cup, cone, or pint of your ice cream in hand doesn’t fail to make me happy. Your ice cream is not only silky smooth, but also has the best and biggest chunks inside which makes it oh so delicious.

Your ice cream has gotten me through my hardest tests. When I was freaking out, thinking I was going to fail, my roommate showed up with Brownie Batter Core and everything was okay again. It was just what I needed to refocus on my studies, which paid off pretty well, I got an A.

I have seen your ice cream work wonders for those going through breakups. A good movie and a pint of Phish Food helped out a friend, and I swear the next day she bounced back like I have never seen before.

Your ice cream brings back memories. Sitting in my dorm room enjoying Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, I think of when I enjoyed it with my brothers and cousins on our family vacation. How we laughed as we licked our delicious cones. Thinking of the memories that have been made over ice cream make me smile even in the midst of midterm stress.

Dairy free ice cream has been a lifesaver for some. I know a few of my lactose free friends went absolutely crazy at the idea that they could once again enjoy their favorite flavors. Especially my cousin, who sent me endless snapchats when she was able to enjoy dairy free Chunky Monkey.

Your ice cream brings people together. My first semester of college my roommate and I bought four pints of Half Baked at our campus convenience store and went downstairs to share with some of our new friends. That night is a treasured memory for me. It was the first time I really realized how special of a “power” ice cream can have.

It is funny to think that something so simple can mean so much. Somehow, you have created this. Ice cream brings people together, it mends broken hearts, it calms people down, and it is also enjoyed and appreciated for the awesome treat that it is.

On behalf of ice cream lovers everywhere, thank you.

Also, free samples and coupons are always loved.

From your loyal fan,

Cari