A Thank You Letter To My Grandmother

A Thank You Letter To My Grandmother

Without you, I would be nothing.

134
Courtney Gutkowski

Before I explain the endless amount of things I would like to thank you for, I want to express just how lucky I am to be your granddaughter. To have such an exceptional woman in my life is one of the greatest blessings I could have ever asked for. Your confidence and strength is incredibly admirable, and I would be content if I could just be half of the woman that you are. I would not be the person I am today if it weren't for your guidance and influence. Not many people are able to say that they lived in the same household as their grandmother, but I can. To many this seems strange, but to me it is all that I have known, and would not change that for the world. I could not ever imagine not coming home to your radiant smile every day, because some days that is the only thing that kept me going. Your presence is something I always want to be around, and that will never change. So with this being said I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for helping raise me and shaping me into the woman I am today. Thank you for doing everything in your power to make sure I've been given everything I could have wanted. Thank you for always telling me the truth, even when it necessarily wasn't what I wanted to hear. Thank you for having enough strength to keep our family together. Thank you for teaching I can achieve anything I want to with confidence and perseverance. Thank you for reminding that even when things are bad, it could be much worse, and that in the end everything will work out. Thank you for showing me what it is to be a kind and genuine person, because those are the two characteristics that make you so exceptional. Thank you for being my sunshine, and filling my life with such joy and happiness. So, while I could go on and on with expressing my gratitude, I just want you to realize how wonderful you are. You are one of the most important and influential people in my life, and without you I would be nothing. So, thank you for simply being you.

Love,

Your Very Lucky Granddaughter