Thank you letter for my ex.
Dating

Thank you letter for my ex.

6
Thank you letter for my ex.

Hi stranger,

Just wanted to stop and tell our story to our friends and family. I think its only fair since we never really told anyone. I also think your new girl should know why I left you, the truth of course.

Moreover, I wrote this because you once told me that I should be grateful for all the shit you put me through because you made me a stronger person. So I guess this is your thank you.

Thank you for always making me feel ugly and overweight.

Thank you for telling me that I was not as pretty as other girls.

Thank you for making me feel like a slut for showing my cleavage.

Thank you for dumbing me down.

Thank you for not believing in me.

Thank you for cheating on me.

Thank you for all the lies you told me.

Thank you for not having my back.

Thank you for never standing up for me even after we got married.

Thank you for making me insecure.

Thank you for driving me into depression.

Thank you for letting me walk that path alone.

And thank you for putting your hands on me, because that truly made me wake up and realize that I was stronger and better than you.

For those of you that know me, you know I have a strong character. I don't scare easily and I most definitely don't let anyone abuse me.

But let's be honest, what do you do when the one person that promised to love you for the rest of your life is indifferent to you?

That shit breaks you.

You broke me, you know you did. And the sad part is you admit it, too. That day in the bathtub that you found me crying, hugging myself. Yeah, that day was the day you finished breaking me.

And for that I want to thank you.

It was when I realized that I was too good for you.

Or did you happened to forget I left you before? And you came to my door in the middle of the night drunk and asked me to marry you? Nope. I didn't forget that or how I helped you pay your bills when you were jobless, how I helped you get into the CO training by writing your reference letters cause no one else cared enough to do them and well frankly, you don't have any friends. I also did your homework, and helped you get your first car. Did you forget that? Or how about our wedding? who planned everything, who ended up in the hospital 2x because of the stress while you could careless about it. Yeah, I remember that. Let's not forget our first home. Yeah, I did all the paperwork, my family helped us pay the down payment and I spent months trying to get that deal closed. How sad right? Even when you had someone that loved you and took care of you through and through, you broke them.

I will admit, I am not perfect. I messed up a thousand times. I am special, I like things a certain way, my OCD is bad. And well you gave me enough trust issues for me to be a little psycho, yes. And yes, I did hurt you in other ways not gonna lie. But, I was the only person who was their for you unconditionally. Since we began dating, when we got married and during our marriage.

I took care of you, financially, emotionally and in anyway you can think of. You had everything and even then, you never valued me and made me feel like I was never going to be enough.

Nevertheless, I want you to know that I am genuinely thankful to you. Why? Because the day you broke me I decided to be a new me, yeah that day, I dyed my hair. That day, I was set free! Honestly, I do thank you mostly because you brought out a better version of me. A version that has forgiven you and accepts you as is.

I also wanted to thank you for the good times , because although they were brief they were memorable. I wish you nothing but happiness, and well just remember what we plant with others is what we cultivate in our life's. Again, thank you because now I am truly happy, rock bottom came and went. And the new people in my life have shown me what love truly is. My new relationships have shown me my value, my worth, and that I never truly loved you. You were just the rebound, and for that I am sorry.

Best to you Stranger,

Thank you.

P.S. To our mutual friends, just wanted to remind you that people change.