A Thank You Letter To My Best Friends

A Thank You Letter To My Best Friends

I owe a lot to my two favorite guys.

9
A Thank You Letter To My Best Friends
Devon Sieveking/Facebook

Listen, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Oh, look, here's another Odyssey article from some girl thanking her best friends for all of the same stereotypical reasons," and you may be right, but after the past few months I've had, I couldn't not tell everyone about how amazingly supportive and loving my best friends have been and will continue to be.

I probably could have written entire articles about each of them individually, but it only makes sense to keep them within one unit. I'm sorry if I embarrass either of you, but I just wanted to let you and everyone else know how much you've impacted my life. Get ready, because this could get extremely sappy very fast.

Dear Jordan,

I first want to let you know that I'm sorry but not sorry for the potential embarrassment I may cause you. With that being said, thank you for not only being my boyfriend but my best friend as well. Before we were ever dating, you were always the guy I knew I could count on to turn to when I was having troubles. Flash forward four years later and you're still here for me whenever I may need you. I also want to thank you for leading me back to my relationship in Christ. Without you constantly inviting me to church, I'm not sure where I would be in my life right now. I'm so grateful that God put you in my life. Through you He has pushed me out of my once small comfort zone, and you've always been there to support me through all of those steps of faith.

Thank you for all of our countless memories we've made together over the past four years of our friendship and two years of being my boyfriend. You brought me joy in my darkest moments, and I could never repay you for how unconditionally you've loved me. Thank you for telling me that I needed to stop being so negative and to stop worrying about life so much, because without that push into Christ's trustworthy arms, I am not sure how I would be handling life right now. I know I may get upset because I can't see you or talk to you as much as I would like, but you have still loved me through it when I may make it almost impossible to. Finally, thank you for unapologetically being yourself in all cases. You've never changed in all of our years we've known each other, and it's so comforting to know you will always be constant in my life. I could go on and on, but let's be honest, no one wants to actually read a sappy love letter. Thank you for being the Jim to my Pam. I love you so much.

Dear Trevor,

You've been my best friend for almost three years now, and I am so thankful we were put in the same literacy block sophomore year. Thank you for always listening to me complain and then being completely blunt and honest with me on how to handle the situation. You're someone I know who will always be awake late at night if I need someone to talk to, and I really appreciate it. Thank you for being such an amazing example of an obedient follower of Christ. You've made so many difficult sacrifices and decisions because you've felt that God was calling you to do something drastic, and I admire your willingness to take those steps. Your faithfulness has encouraged me to take my own steps of faith in my relationship with Christ, and without you there encouraging me, I'm not sure how faithful I would be on my own. I'm so thankful for all of the time we got to spend together our senior year.

From our Taco Bell quesadilla lunch runs, freezing in the sleet and rain at theatre fest, battling on the inflatables at the graduation party, to you forcing me to ride rollercoasters at Cedar Point, some of my favorite memories from senior year include you. Thank you for introducing me to Hamilton, even if I may not have been as near as hyped as you were when you discovered Lin rapping "Alexander Hamilton" for the first time. Even though you don't live in the same state as I do anymore and you're insanely busy most of the time, you still find time throughout the day to update me on something crazy that one of your professors said, and sometimes those updates are the highlights of my day. Thank you for being the Hamilton to my George Washington and the Dwight to my Pam, but most importantly, thank you for being you.