A Letter To My Father

A Letter To My Father

Thank You

92
A Letter To My Father
Diana Dodd

With Father's Day just passing by, I couldn't help but think about all of the amazing things my father does for me and how I don't thank him enough. Therefore, I am writing this in order to not only thank him for everything he does for me, but to also show him the love and praise he deserves that he doesn't get enough throughout the weeks. I know he deserves way more than I am able to give him, and this letter is only a small portion of that.

Dear Daddy,

Thank you for everything that you do, have done, and will do for me. And I don't say this lightly. You are the rock to our family and the backbone to everything we are and will become. I have learned so much from you over the years and I only continue to grow into a better, stronger, and independent person because of you. Growing up I have also been told to be myself no matter who that turns out to be. I've learned to be independent, I have learned my worth, and I have stood up for my beliefs all because this is how you raised me.

You have always been so real with me and the way you have raised me, and that is something that I admire the most about you. You have shown me what a Christian home and family looks like, and what a loving, hardworking, selfless man looks like. I hope to be as lucky as mom was to find someone that is half the man you are. The things you do for us looks like a breeze, but I know that it isn't. You make everything look so easy from the outside.

Thank you for always putting my brothers and I first in your life. You have given us way more than you ever had growing up, and you have definitely given us way more than we deserve. You work day and night to give us shelter, food, and more happiness than imaginable and I couldn't be more grateful.

Thank you for always being there for me no matter what the situation is. I could be completely wrong, and usually I am, but you'd still support me all the way (until I realize how wrong I am and then you'd turn it into a lesson). Thanks for being the dad that I can talk to about EVERYTHING, literally, because there aren't many of those around and I am so lucky to have one.

I am more than blessed to have a father like you. I know that not everyone gets the opportunity to grow up with such a close knit family, and it doesn't go unrecognized that you have worked unbelievably hard to create this for our family with mom. I'm so proud to call you my dad, and i'm even prouder to call you my best friend. I love you more than life!

Your daughter,

Diana <3