15 Text Messages That Are Sent But Probably Shouldn't Be

The "have nots" of texting.

1792
McDowell Media

Let's face it, we all have received text messages that have royally made us mad, or at least irritated. There's nothing more disheartening than glancing at your phone and seeing of the below text messages. You can't even tell me that you have no idea what I'm talking about.

1. "K."

This is the evil of all evil text messages. I think it's more irritating to receive this message than to actually send it because you can feel the shade radiating from your phone.

2. "You up?"

You think if I'm not up that I'm actually going to respond? Besides, you're probably texting this at some obnoxious hour that no one typically responds at. Or you can be like this person and be downright salty.

3. "What are you thinking about?"

DRIVES ME NUTS. This is the text that typically causes word vomit and deep conversations that probably shouldn't be held over text message anyways. Or you can just be thinking about race cars.

4. "Can I call you?"

Okay... Why didn't you just call me first if you wanted to talk to me? You saw that I was active on Facebook, posted on Instagram about an hour ago, and you know I have my phone on me constantly. You can call me, and if I don't answer, I'll call you back.

5. "I think we should see other people."

Here's a life lesson to be taught friends, do not handle anything regarding break ups in a text message. That's just disrespectful and so hard to take as opposed to dealing with it in person.

6. "Lol"

You obviously didn't have anything to say to my previous text. Especially when you put a whatever after it. That is all.

7. "We need to talk."

This is probably one of the better texts to be sent, but definitely not the best. The dreaded statement that usually means that there is a problem between you and the person you are speaking to. Prepare yourself.

8. "Can I ask you a question?"

The pit in your stomach that comes with reading this text. I honestly would just rather you ask the question. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission right?

9. "Wyd" for the thousandth time in an hour.

The irritant of all irritants. You should receive this text when the person on the other end either has no life, is desperate to talk to you, or a form to keep a conversation going that you don't feel like having. This also blows up your phone with irrelevance.

10. Sarcasm

This one is the only one that will not have a text picture because it's so hard to translate sarcasm through text. Sarcasm is not meant to be sent over text. No one gets what you mean.

11. "Hey"

OOOHHHH you sound so excited to talk to me. The best is when it's not even capitalized when a good majority of phones correct the first word of sentences to be capitalized.

12. "r u ok?"

This is just as bad as asking if someone is okay in person. We probably aren't okay. This usually brings about tears and word vomit that once again should not be said in text message.

13. "I'm driving, ttyl"

Dude. You're breaking the law. Just stop.

14. "It's _____?"

Okay, you probably shouldn't have had this person's number in the first place. There's also a less creepy way of going about addressing someone who you have never contacted before.

15. Anything severely misspelled.

Like, did you even take an English class? I understand the occasional mistype, but the basic words? C'mon.

Boom. There's some of the most common generic text messages you have received from some of the brightest people in our society. I know I have received all of these texts at least once, and if you're one of the blessed people who haven't, consider yourself lucky. I hope this spreads awareness to the actual point of text messaging, and that you never have a conversation with one of these messages in it ever again.