Musical boyfriends are some of the coolest guys around. They can serenade you on their instrument of choice, write songs about you, and are generally the sweetest. When I went off to college, I told my family that I wanted a guy who played guitar and was a hockey player. I ended up with a guitar player who took me to hockey games and we've happily been together for two years. Although he is more than my dream guy, it has its ups and downs on occasion. Most of these points are things that Danny has actually texted to me or has told me.
1. "Sorry, I'm jammin' right now."
Usually, I won't get another text until after midnight.
2. "I have a deadline for this song that I want to submit online."
This typically means that he will spend a week straight just working on his music. I'm not even sure if he sleeps during that time.
3. "Sorry I haven't been talking to you, I've been recording all day."
Am I chopped liver?
4. "I'm teaching right now, can I call you later?"
It's even better when you both teach and you play the great phone tag game.
5. "Hey, listen to this song that I just made up."
It's not that I hate your music, it just can get annoying after 100 times.
6. "I set up a recording session for tomorrow."
Who is this person? How long will it take? Recording is a mystery to me.
7. "Do you want to tune my guitar for me?"
I'm more annoyed than flattered.
8. "Hey, can you carry this heavy equipment for me?"
Unless you want me to drop everything, no.
9. "Hey, can you run the merch table for me?"
I would rather be in the crowd supporting you, but it's fine.
10. "I'm going to be late, I heard someone play guitar outside."
Okay, I'll be waiting for you here.
11. "How does this chord sound?"
It sounds great, honey. (Not really.)
12. "What are you getting me for Christmas?"
It works every time.
Being the musician's girlfriend can have its struggles, but it's all worth it. Danny is one of the most amazing people in the world and I don't know how I got so lucky.