Tips To Improve Your Texting.

9 Texting Etiquette Tips So You Can Stop Saying 'I’m Such A Bad Texter'

Being a "bad texter" is not a valid excuse.

224

It's ironic. We're always on our phones, yet we're always leaving each other on "read." Or, we're taking too long to reply. That or we simply "forgot."

I'm here to tell you: quit it. It's annoying and not cute.

I'm someone who really reads into the text messages I get from people. If someone who constantly texts with exclamation points and emojis suddenly stops and texts with periods and NO emojis, then I know something's up.

It's 2018. We should all know texting etiquette by now. But, if you don't, or if you need a refresher, here are 9 tips to incorporate so you can stop being that one friend who's "such a bad texter."

1. STOP LEAVING PEOPLE ON "READ"

Instead, "like" their text message. I know iPhones have that option. Sending a "like" lets the other person know you've seen it and, well, "like" it so you don't have to reply. Easy peasy lemon squeeze-y!

2. Turn off your read receipts 

But if you MUST leave someone on read, the least you can do is turn off your dang read receipts. It's one of my pet peeves to check and see if my message sent to an iPhone user and see "Read at 7:15 p.m." That's just rude.

3. Use exclamation points 

If a message is dry—and you'll know when it is—add an exclamation to the end of it to jazz it up a bit.

Incorrect: I like your hair today.

Correct: I like your hair today!

Exclamation points change the whole tone of the message. Utilize it!

4. Use emojis 

iPhone users, you have no excuse. Android users, switch to iPhones already (JK, there's an app you can download).

Emojis are meant to add emotion to a text. What's the point of having them if you don't use them? They're adorable and there's one for practically every emotion!

5. Utilize the Animoji feature 

If you have an iPhone X and later, utilize the Animoji feature! You can even create your own to look like you! This makes texting easier and faster. If you're not in the mood to type, speak and send!

6. Send gifs 

iPhone and Androids both have gifs in their text messages! Use them! It makes texting so much more fun.

7. Make use of Siri 

If you're ever in a rush or just can't be bothered to text someone yourself, ask Siri to do it!

8. Send music 

You can also send music! Share your favorite songs with your favorite people!

9. Stop taking hours to reply to your crush 

I can personally attest to this—I HATE waiting for a reply. It's the most annoying thing and my boyfriend knows that. He even admitted that he purposefully took a while to reply to me before we were dating. Yeah, don't do that. Just reply normally. They won't think you're too eager. They'll probably just think you're a good texter.