10 Hamilton Songs To Get You Through Finals Week

Getting through finals, as told by Hamilton

22
zam.com

It’s that time of year guys. The seasons are changing, stress is at an all-time high, and people are praying for the month to be over. You guys know what I’m talking about. What? Christmas? Geez, what is with you guys?! I’m talking about finals week. It’s literally in the title!

In all seriousness though, finals week can be a tough time for college students, present company included. I’m always trying to find a way to de-stress during this time and nothing helps me quite like music. As I find myself shuffling around on Pandora, I find songs from a certain historical musical popping up time and again. Hamilton: An American Musical has taken the country by storm over the last year and I find a lot of their songs both inspirational and helpful during this time. Here are ten Hamilton songs that have worked for me so far this week and will help you too!

1. “The Story of Tonight”

Powerful and inspirational, “The Story of Tonight” is a great motivator and actually sums up a lot of the feelings that we college students have right now. I’m telling you, they’ll be talking about our struggle in the future, you watch.

2. “Satisfied”

Emotionally charged and very powerful, “Satisfied” always leaves me with my blood pumping. It’s a great song to listen to if you want to get yourself amped up for studying or for an exam. Also, I think we can all agree we’re never satisfied with the work we do.

3. “Non-Stop"

This one is fairly obvious. College students are constantly working during this time, and “Non-Stop” sums this up. We constantly feel like we’re running out of time and it leaves us feeling drained, but motivated. We’re doing our best, and that’s all we can do.

4.“My Shot”

This song is just straight up fire and a great motivator for when you need to get some work done. You get filled with this desire to get things done and take your best shot at success.

5. “Take a Break”

Remember that studying can be good, but if you overwork yourself then you’ll feel drained and you’ll do worse than you should have. This song will help remind you that sometimes it’s important to take things easy.

6. “Stay Alive”

This goes without saying. Don’t push yourselves. Stay alive.

7. “You’ll be Back”

There’s gonna be that one teacher that will be saying this. But don’t worry about what they think. Just do your best. Why is this song on the list? It’s just a good one.

8. “It’s Quiet Uptown”

We’re struggling, we’re dying, and we really just want peace. But hang in there everyone, we’re almost there. Right now things are tough and the pain is unimaginable, but we’ll get through it.

9. “That Would be Enough”

We just wanna pass. That would be enough. But guys, look around. We accomplished so much this semester. We’re almost there!

10. “One Last Time”

We’re going home. And we’re gonna teach them how to say goodbye. Seriously, this song will fill you with sadness but relief. We’ve been through a tough semester, but it’s all over now.