10 Bible Verses That Get Me Through The Day

My own personal favorite verses that push me along in life

5737

We all have those days where nothing feels like it's going well. We want to crawl back into bed and start over, hide under the covers...not come back out until time has passed. Some of us might feel things like this often due to things like depression or anxiety, and that is okay. I know I personally have days where I don't feel like trying, where I feel more negative than usual. I get snarky and irritable, people get caught off guard and ask me what is wrong.

In the end, though, we can't always explain what is wrong. Maybe it's just been a tough few days or weeks. Maybe our anxiety is acting up. Maybe we've been really down in the dumps and don't feel like focusing.

The one thing that never changes in these instances for me, compared to every other minute of the day, is my strength in God.

Now, not everyone can relate to this. But for me, I can find hope in my faith, even on those particularly bad days where nothing else feels right.

So, I've written down my personal favorite bible verses (thus far) that get me through tough times, as well as just days in general.

10. Matthew 6:33 NIV

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. "

9. James 5:16 NIV

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. "

8. Proverbs 31:17 NIV

"She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks."

7. 2 Peter 1:5-7 NIV

"For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love."

6. Proverbs 31:25 NIV

"She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come."

5. 1 Peter 5:7 NIV

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

4. Psalm 27:14 NIV

"Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord."

3. Philippians 4:6 NIV

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. "

2. 1 Peter 4:8 NIV

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."

1. Psalm 46:5 NIV

"God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day."