11 Trendy Gifts For The Tech Lover In Your Life

Whether you're a tech geek or not, this list will help you find the right gift for your beloved techie.

111
https://unsplash.com/photos/3eAByt3-eOw

Staying up to date with the trendiest tech isn't always easy, so this list does the work for you. Whether you're on a tight budget or ready to drop some serious cash for this gift, this list has you covered. Here's the top 11 trendy gifts in the technological world.

1. Google Home Hub - $149

Photo by Google

One of Google's newest products is the Google Home Hub. The Hub is similar to the previous Google Assistant speakers, but it's been reinvented to feature an interactive screen. Rather than checking your phone, the Hub has all of your crucial daily information only a glance away. You can have it display weather info, your to-do list, or the most importantly, recipes. Let's be real. This is gonna be a massive help in the kitchen.

2. Tile Mate Tracker - $24.99

Photo by kit.honestjohn.co.uk

When it comes to keeping track of your belongings, your techie in mind may be extremely forgetful. If that's the case, then the tile mate is a great gift that won't break your budget. They come in different sizes and qualities based on which items you're trying to keep track of. There's the tile mate, slim, and pro. The slim is tailored for wallets, laptops, tablets, and notebooks. The pro is just an upgraded version of the regular mate, but with a louder speaker and longer range.

3. Nintendo Switch - $299

Photo by Corey Motta on Unsplash

Tech lovers and average joes alike, everyone needs a Nintendo Switch. It'll cost around $299 this year, but it's worth every cent. It's essentially the love baby of the Wii and the DS. It allows you to play on the bus, in the living room, or wherever you may find yourself. It's the first Nintendo console to be considered both a family console and a personal console.

4. Google Home or Google Home Mini - $29.99 - $129

Photo by Thomas Kolnowski on Unsplash

The differences between the two Google Homes are mostly just size, sound quality, and of course, price. The Google Home is more suitable for a large space like the kitchen or living room, while the smaller Google Home Mini works well in the bedroom. However, both are extremely useful no matter where they're used. They're able to make calendar events for you, play music, and anything else the Google Assistant is able to do.

5. Cord Taco - $16

Photo by Amazon

I doubt I'm the first person to get annoyed with a jumbled up pair of headphones or phone charger. As funny as the name is, the Cord Taco is an incredibly affordable and useful tech-related gift that solves an issue we all come to face every day.

6. Nintendo Switch Accessories - $10 - $80

Photo by caseologycases.com

There's a variety of Switch accessories available. Whether it's controllers, cases, adapters, whatever, you can find something in your budget or that your giftee doesn't already have. The most useful gifts are carrying cases, extra controllers, or controller charging docks.

7. Anker Portable Battery (13,000mAh) - $35.99

Photo by Amazon

Almost everyone plays Pokemon Go, but we all have that Pokemon Master in our lives. This for them. At the odd chance that you don't, this is a great gift for anyone who loves concerts or theme parks. The 13,000mAh Anker Battery can charge most phones almost 4 times and is made by one of the best battery pack companies out there. Your friend will never have to miss another raid battle again.

8. Google Chromecast - $35

Photo by commons.wikimedia.org

You can turn your TV into a smart TV by plugging in a Google Chromecast. If your friend already has the Google Home, they can use their voice to turn on the TV, play shows, and change the volume. A Chromecast is a vital piece to anyone's smart home arsenal.

9. WD 2TB Portable Hard Drive - $79.99

Photo by Best Buy

A Portable Hard Drive isn't necessarily the most interesting gift, but when your friend's laptop breaks, they'll be glad you got them this. You can fit nearly 600,000 photos into two terabytes, so it's plenty of space.

10. Samsung Wireless Fast Charging Pad - $25

Photo by Samsung

Fast charging is an incredibly interesting trend that's been expanded on by smart phone manufacturers as of lately. Make sure your friend's phone is compatible with wireless charging before buying this, but it's a fascinating gift that's also convenient.

11. Multi-Colored Smart Bulbs - $32.99

Photo by Amazon

The Lumiman Smart Bulbs are the perfect addition to any techie's smart home. When combined with the Google Home, you can use your voice to control your entire home's lights. You can vocally change the brightness, color, or simply turn them on and off.