Don't Feel Guilty About Taking A Lazy Day

Living in the day and age that we are in right now, everybody is always on the go. We always have something that we are going to and something that we have to do right after.

There are no breaks.

And we also always hear, that there is no time for breaks. People are always on the grind and are always talking about how if we take a break or pause, we'll get left behind. We won't be able to live up to our full potential.

I think this is complete and utter bull.

Yeah, of course, you can't just sit around all day doing nothing and expect everything to fall into place, but if you're constantly on the go, taking zero breaks, you'll end up hurting yourself in the long run.

I feel like taking a day for yourself, just a lazy day where you don't have anything to do is frowned upon by some. They think that you're wasting an entire day where you could be out creating and being productive. However, those lazy days are essential.

Lazy days give you a chance to step back from everything in your life and breath for a minute.

Lazy days give you the opportunity to finally catch up on that book or show you've been meaning to get back into. Lazy days give you a chance to check out of the world and be completely in tune with you and only you for once.

Lazy days give your brain a break. When your brain has a break, you get the chance to recharge giving you the space and energy for even more and even better ideas that you can use moving forward.

As humans, we need to take a step back from things sometimes. We can't constantly be moving and constantly trying to do things. There's no way that you can live a sane life with a pile of things constantly on your plate. We're not robots, thank god.