Takeaways From "Spider-Man: Homecoming" Trailer

What to watch for when the movie swings through theaters

39
ComicBookMovie.com

After five movies and two different actors, the Spider-Man franchise has found a new beginning within rising star Tom Holland. Earlier this week, Jimmy Kimmel premiered the first trailer for "Spider-Man:Homecoming" on his late night and it already has over 15 million views on YouTube. Here are my takeaways from the newly released footage:

1. Humor

In the first 10 seconds of the trailer, Spidey comes face-to-face with a group of vigilantes that are disguised as the infamous Avengers (Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, and Hulk), in which we see Holland crack the first choice. He calls out their disguises, claiming that "Hulk gave it away," just before giving the "Avengers" the punishment they deserve. There are many other humorous moments during the trailer, so it is safe to say that the movie will reveal Holland's comedic side to his acting.

2. Action

What's a Spider-Man, or even superhero movie in general without those scenes that make you hang onto the edge of your seat? By the looks of it, "Spider-Man: Homecoming" will take advantage of modern-day cinematography to the next level through signature special effects that will make you feel like you're flying through the streets of New York City alongside Spidey.

3. The Villain

Following villains such as The Green Goblin, Electro, and Doctor Octopus, Vulture has been ushered in as the newest enemy to hit the big screen. Played by actor Michael Keaton, The Vulture has potential to be one of the most terrifying villains of all time, due to Keaton's background of inciting roles in movies like "Birdman" and his portrayal of Batman. The Vulture will exhibit technological advancements unlike any other villain to hit theaters thus far.

So, when July 7th roles around, prepare to beat the heat by seeing this potential blockbuster because this just might be the hottest movie of the summer. For those of you that haven't seen the trailer yet, what are you waiting for?