Take Your Fear And Place It At His Feet

Take Your Fear And Place It At His Feet

Because, Perfect Love Drives Out Fear.
15

Fear knocks at your door, and the question remains will you answer; will you open the door and let Fear consume you or will you great Fear with a confident smile?

We all face Fear. Fear of failure, Fear of disappointment, Fear that we won't measure up. Whether we wish to admit it or not, Fear is a normal part of our every day. It wakes up with us each morning and lingers each night as we try to put our minds to rest. It holds on tights and doesn't wish to let go. We are faced with Fear on the daily and yet, we still let it overwhelm us.

But, why do we let it overwhelm us? Why don't we crush Fear when it knocks on our doors? Why do we make Fear a regular part of our routines? I believe Fear has become the norm. It has rooted itself in our hearts and minds. Fear has become a defining factor of who we believe we our, but in reality, Fear was never meant to consume you, and it was never meant to consume me.

Fear may seem inevitable, it may seem inescapable, but be reminded that His perfect Love drives out fear. Fear knocks at your door and you welcome it in. But, what if fear knocked at your door and you didn't let it consume you, but rather redirected fear to the foot of the cross. What would happen to you, what would happen to me, if we laid it all down at the cross?

If we laid ever Fear down before God. If we brought it all to the foot of the cross, wouldn't it be magnificent?

I live a life filled with Fear. I let it consume me and overwhelm me. But, it doesn't have to. Fear has nothing on His Strength. Fear cowardly backs away at the mention of His name. So, when fear knocks on my door, it is not I who will answer. But rather, God answers with open arms, ready to overwhelm the fear that consumed you, that consumed me for so long; until all that's left before your door is the Love and Strength of God.

Be reminded daily that His perfect love casts out Fear.

1 John 4:18

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Psalm 34:4

"I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears."