When You Feel Like You're Drowning In Life's Priorities, Read This

Life isn't always about how much you can get done by the end of the week.

108

All too often I feel as though I am drowning in a sea of life's priorities. My life consists of a constant checklist of things I need to get done.

It seems like I'm always chasing one deadline after the next and no matter how much I cross off on my to-do list, there's another task just waiting to be added to it.

It is so easy to take on too much and so easy to feel like giving up when times get hard or when it feels like there's way too much to do.

If you feel the same way I do, just remember this: it always gets better.

Everything will be OK. And no matter the number of items left on your to-do list, there's one task you should put on there that's much more important than all the others: take the time out of your day to breathe, forget and relax.

That should always be the number one priority.

We get so caught up in the tasks of our everyday lives that we begin to prioritize those matters over our own well-being and health. Life isn't always about how much you can get done by the end of the week.

If you feel like you're drowning, take a moment to forget about your priorities and focus on yourself. Take a deep breath and relax, enjoy life how it is now — because everything will eventually get done and fall into the right place no matter what.

We only have so much time to do everything we want and sometimes we just have to put off on our to-do list for a moment. It's OK to forget once in a while and it's OK to think about ourselves first.

If you feel like your to-do list is drowning you, remember there are always more important things in life.