15 Essential Items You Need To Survive A Hurricane

"There are some things you can only learn in a storm."

2741
pixabay.com

Harvey. Irma. Jose.

In the past month, three consecutive hurricanes have occurred in the Atlantic Ocean. Harvey active from August 17-September 1 as a category four hurricane. Irma active from August 30-September 12th as a category five hurricane.

Jose active from September 5th-present as a category four hurricane. With catastrophic force they pummeled the southern coastline and the Caribbean Islands (countries). Due to them being destructive and disastrous they severely affected the lives of many individuals. Across the nation, people have been donating money and supplies to help support.

Even US president Donald Trump has declared to "...confront ANY challenge, no matter how strong the winds or high the waters. [And is] proud to stand with Presidents for One American Appeal." If you want to make a generous donation visit this website to help victims recover from these hurricanes. Any amount, small or large will be beneficial. You have the power to save a life.

Since, the hurricane season is ongoing, in preparation, here is a list of 15 things you need to survive a hurricane. Send this article to your loved ones, so they can be prepared for any hurricane that comes their way.

1. Non-perishable food

2. Water

3. First Aid Kit/Prescription Medication

4. Battery Operated Radio

5. Flashlights

6. Blankets

7. Clothes

8. Manual Can Opener

9. Matches

10. Trash Bags

11. Important Documents/Cash

12. Personal Hygiene Items

13. Essential Items for Infants

14. Entertainment

15. Pet Care Items